Thread: iPhone passcode locked me out

Punto Lover

iPhone passcode locked me out

Before I start, my iPhone 3GS is not stolen.

According to my iPhone I entered my passcode incorrectly, which has been the same since April!

As a result my iPhone disabled for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30mins and an hour.

Connected it to the PC and it took the phone out of disabled mode.

I then tried to restore the phone after making a backup and it won't let me.

I can recieve incoming calls, texts, emails and notifications but I can get into the menus.

I've searched forums and there is away around this, however, this is for 2gs and 3gs.

Has anyone had this problem before, or knows anyone at apple?

Punto Lover
    Try holding on button and home, but then when the apple sign comes on release the on button only until it boots to menu?DFU mode or something

Punto Lover
    Yep i'm in that mode, got a little scared i couldnt get out of it but that doesnt help either mate, I missed a telephone interview today with Deloitte.

I went to the apple store in the Bullring and they were extremley helpfull towards the other customers they had in the shop!

Punto Lover
    I upgraded iTunes 9 to 10 and it seems to be working fine, just syncing everything back onto the phone, i didnt realise it backed up the messages.

Phone seems to be working fine for now, thanks for helping Matt, beats letting the Apple experts have a look for a small fee

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    I upgraded iTunes 9 to 10 and it seems to be working fine, just syncing everything back onto the phone, i didnt realise it backed up the messages.

Phone seems to be working fine for now, thanks for helping Matt, beats letting the Apple experts have a look for a small fee
    A - would be in order i think

Yeah they back up everything, iphones/O2/google etc are all the same, keeping data trial on us all !

Yeah unless you show you are buying something that minute they dont want to know, drove 30mins payed for parking and went into the shop for a replacment USB lead (came away at ends exposing wires) and they said i have to go online and book with the 'genuis bar'!

Kept on at this yank (was over for the iphone 4 period) and ended up saying the amount of time i've speaking to you now you could of gone in the back and got one for me !

So think you can guess what new item i left with