Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 950bhp drift car anyone ;)

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I'd love to see that but even if they did reset all the geometry it wouldnt get near the front in time attack which is the bench mark for this kind of thing.

Brilliant engine no doubt, question still stands Todd??? lol
    Thats one of the most popular myths ever. "drift cars have no rear traction" etc.

When in actual fact they have similar components and settings to circuit race cars. Only real difference is drift cars require more camber front, less rear, and more castor. Still **** loads of grip front and rear mind.

With the adjustable everything that this car has, i cant see it taking too long to find the optimal grip settings for circuits, by which point it would be faster than a lot of RWD-only time attack cars due to the response time and low down torque.

Mazworx have acheived over 1100bhp with a SR20 engine. Using a VET head from an x-trail, a standard crank (yes, thats right) and a linered and bored out block to 2.2L. Bet its **** to drive at anything under 6000rpm though
    Last edited by munkul; 27th November 2010 at 12:37.

But that's not a 2litre and half the engine is from a more modern Nissan lol

Punto Lover
    hey who cares. I dont. I have one as well and I like the SR20DET just fine, but it has plenty of design flaws. Like soft rockers that break if you rev em too high or use ALS/ign cut limiters. Like the DET head that can only flow 600-700 bhp tops (hence the change to VET head which is utterly fantastic, i hope to build one up some day)

4G63 is a better engine (at least the later ones are - early ones cant run 400bhp unopened like SR20DETs can, can they) but heavier im guessing, since they have iron blocks (IIRC?)

But at the end of the day they are still just small engines. All-alloy LS series engines are simply the best for huge power and reliability for the money they cost. End of
    Last edited by munkul; 27th November 2010 at 18:36.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    WHats the price then??

Do they have to keep going for american muscle because they cant get the goods out of the Datsun engines?
    datsun's ,at least that car gets used unlike most that are just for show

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12