Thread: Gutted

Gutted

Had my gt since January, tried to put the car in my name twice b4 the mot.. but forgot to sent the v5c off with the v62..
    so i got the car mot'd and spent money on mods and things which in total cost me around £800..
    cars been off the road since april now.

Phoned dvla to see how long my log book was going to take as i need it to tax it..

Ok i bought the car off pistonheads with a private plate..
    so now the thing is when i phoned dvla they told me the plate had been taken off my car and would need to be investigated..

I waited another 6 weeks called them back now they told me, that someone else claims they bought the car in March, so another case is now opened..

So if i get the original plate back and not the private 1 in which i bought with the vehicle, how am i surpossed to tax the car as my insurance has the private plate details, (which can probaly easily be changed), but takes more time..
    And the mot has the private plate details on it, only had it mot'd a month ago..

was wondering if any of u guys have ever had or have heard of this happening to anyone else b4, just want to take it for a spin, so depressing walking past it everyday.

regards steve

Punto know it all
    I think you need to call the guy who sold you the car.

haven't got his number.. used a sat nav to go to his house.. so im thinking if his postcode is still in the sat nav i'll be paying him a visit.. thing is when i bought it off him he said he buys and sells cars.. and he didn't have it that long.. anyway he had a nice astra gsi which i wnt mind taking off him

Punto Lover
    did you get a receipt?

no.. but i've sent proof of insurance to dvla.. plus the cars been in my drive since january n i got part of the log book

Punto Lover
    that helps if i was you id try to get address of bloke you got it from and go round there and try to get him to write a letter saying you brought car from him

well i'll try and see if i can find where bouts he is again.. lives in the middle of no where..

You should of sent the V5 straight off.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    You should of sent the V5 straight off.
    yes i should.. but as i was really ill.. (appendix burst).. i spent 4 weeks in hospital then forgot when i got out..

but yeah silly me

Well, thats different then. The Doovla wont give a **** about that though will they...

They DVLA is total dogshit at the best of times! I recieved a fine for an untaxed car id scrapped, even after months of letters and phone calls...