Thread: Users CetinGT and Debo temporarily banned, subject to review.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)

Users CetinGT and Debo temporarily banned, subject to review.

Before we get too much speculation, I thought I should post about this matter...

These are my inputs to my eventual decision to take immediate sanctions against CetinGT and Debo:

I'm not well up on the antagonism that's going on, or has gone on in the past here. But, CetinGT does seem to have a very short fuse and inadvisably hot temper. I'll bow to the decision of the consensus. I've cleaned the thread of the pointless to-and-fro, with a warning to both about a temporary ban. Maybe give them some time to digest that? Debo's not much less to blame as he "wouldn't let it lie" and his initial, veiled post set the whole thing off.

I take your points but, Debo also indulged in the escalating "pissing up the wall" contest, which resulted in a long drawn-out, unnecessary public display. Neither would lay off nor take it to PMs. That's my point. Just trying to be judicious and even-handed.

I've banned them both, temporarily - CetinGT for a month, subject to review. Debo for two weeks for his baiting and lack of self-control during the escalation, again subject to review.

To expand upon my thought processes here, I'm not given to knee-jerk reactions but, the seriousness of the matter pretty much required some immediate sanctions, for both. I'll review the matter, based upon further opinion and arguments for and against from the other mod.s.

N.B. This is not a subject open for public debate, as there are factors beyond general knowledge involved here.

Thanks for your support.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Based upon a review of the circumstances, previous warnings and opinions expressed, it has been decided to make the ban on CetinGT permanent.

The ban on Debo has been reduced, effectively to a week, for continuing to provoke CetinGT publicly.

I hope that these decisions will be seen to have been fair and unbiased, as intended.

As a final word, arguments between individuals should be taken to PMs, as necessary. Failng that possibility, then report the thread or post for action by a moderator.