Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD R's

R44MS K
    £10 a disc!!
    sheesh!

XScaPE
    exactly and you can compress a full dvd with the right software anyway with quality loss only noticable to the trained eye.

pioneer and ritek all the way unless you want to fork out for taiyo yuden.

R44MS K
    compression is defo noticable - on a 42", u can notice the less inferior quality however in my car, it looks as good as the original!!

bigger screen = more noticable

just brought 25 pack of dvds for 6.99

XScaPE
    depends how good you are how many passes on encoding etc. depends what you are looking to do with them.

was that price including delivery and what discs and where from?

stern
    seen discs for £6.99 .

Technology like this goes down pretty quickly.

For example I bought my Pioneer 104 maximum of 2x writing wit special media. it cost me £193 which I though was a bargain! now you can pick up dual layer burners that can burn single layer at 8 or 12x for less than £50!.

won't be long until you can pick up a 25 spindle for £20

Seaniboy
    I ordered 100 DVD-R's from Bigpockets and they have only sent me 50 and it even say 100 on the delivery note. Stupied gimp boys :x

XScaPE
    i use diskdepot and spv (blankdiscshop) only now.
    bigpockets was the first of its kind now there are bigger and better ones.

www.diskdepot.co.uk
    www.blankdiskshop.co.uk

Steve 75sx
    Quote Originally Posted by XScaPE
    exactly and you can compress a full dvd with the right software anyway with quality loss only noticable to the trained eye.

pioneer and ritek all the way unless you want to fork out for taiyo yuden.
    Damn my trained eye and 42" telly.

Having said that i tend to be pretty happy with most films, strip away all the crappy extras, take off different surround sound formats, get rid of foreign languages and half the time you dont need to compress and the rest of the time you only need to compress a small bit. Your still way above video casette quality anyway.

As for format dvd-r all the way. Yet to come across a machine that wont play em.

Difference is in the way information is recorded. +R comes from a computer use background and has a few advantages for that sort of use, hence why -R is a bit more compatable.

As for RAM - Pah. RAM is a matsusitu(sp?) invention - toshiba/panasonic parent company. Basically it provides the advantages of a hard disk in terms of flexibility eg timeslip, multiple access, etc So whilst this is great in their £300 standalone DVD recorders its a bit of a waist of space anywhere else, especially in a PC (Hello, you have a harddrive allready??) and the discs are about as incompatable as you can get.

What programs does everyone use?

DVD Shrink to strip and rip and DVD decrypter to burn - yet to find anything better...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12