Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: petrol

Punto Enthusiast

petrol

Does anyone else have a problem with filling up at certain petrol stations. The pump usually keeps clicking on me and takes about 10mins to put a tenner in, its so annoying

Punto Lover
    yeah i had that at a morrisons petrol station when i first got the car took me 15 mins to put a tenner in i felt such a knob then i left and went to another petrol station.

Punto Enthusiast
    yep i get it at morrisons and some jet and sainsburys petrol stations, but morrisons is the worse it pisses me right off

Punto Lover
    i dont go to them now i use shell optimax cost's a little more but who cares you only live once

Gearbox Abuser
    every pump does it, well most, i find BP never does it but all others do, its a design fault in the filler pipe.

Punto Lover
    its funny when you see some one struggle to fill the car up but when its you its a different story all together.

Punto Lover
    to stop it from happening twist the nozzle to about 8 o clock from the usual 6 o clock

chrisgronow
    I pull the nozzle out slightly and dont put full pressure on the trigger, that seems to do the trick! Havn't tried the 8 o'clock thing though!

Evilution
    I always hold the nozzle upside down, works a treat.
    Its all down to the size and shape of our petrol pump nozzles.
    If you fill a Punto in Italy, the nozzle goes all the way in as its very thin and straight. True Jap cars have enormous filler necks.

Each car fills up perfectly in its country of origin.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgronow
    I pull the nozzle out slightly and dont put full pressure on the trigger, that seems to do the trick! Havn't tried the 8 o'clock thing though!
    Hardly ever get to full pressure on as the damn thing always clicks before i can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast