Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst day of my life

Punto Lover

Worst day of my life

Today, the GT rolled 3 times, it didnt happen because I was driving over the speed limit, I had witnesses and the police did not want to pursue it further, just in case someone wants to have a dig. I'd rather have every bone in my body broken than have this happen to the car.

A car came into my lane to overtake a cyclist and I had to swerve a little, doing so, i felt the car go a little wobbly(it was raining a far bit), I corrected it, but i was facing another car, which i had two choices, try to slow down fast as possible but that wasnt happening so i turned for the ditch, then that's what led to the GT rolling.

I came out with a bump on the back of my head and a soar neck mostly from the seatbelt.

My mate recovered the car, i just need to see what is salvageable tomorrow, by the looks of the pictures the front wings have gone, windscreen is cracked, bonnet is gone, same with front bumper, im not sure about the roof, but the car was upside down when i got out.
    Last edited by chetchet007; 21st August 2010 at 22:05. Reason: add some more

Sorry to hear that mate, but i would of took the chance and hit the other car then you would have more of a chance to repair and make a claim against the other driver.

Did the car that come into your lane stop once this happened?

Banned
    ohh s**t,sorry to hear that mate,i bet there isnt much you can do im guessing as the other car that came in to your lane didnt stop you cant put blame,you should off rammed him now its your loss,what a bitch!!!!
    good luck man..........

Punto Lover
    Nope, he drove off! I'm glad I didnt go into the other car, the driver came out, alongside a load of other cars because i was stuck, the driver said he thought i was going to go into his car, so did the car behind him. If i did, then i probably would have crushed his new born, I dont think i could live with that at all, the police said i was very lucky to come out the way i did.
    But i feel horrible knowing my cars gone, I dont know if i can replace a few of the panels or the structure has gone on the car, I need to see it

Like you say, at least no1 was hurt which is good news i suppose, fingers crossed on the car though

Punto Enthusiast
    chin up big chap!although its a major kick in the spuds a car can be replaced m8,the main thing is u walked away not too badly injured

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Really sorry to hear of your bad luck, but glad you're none too worse for wear. I'm of much the same attitude as yourself, avoidance is usually the better course of action than emergency braking and hoping for the best. I was in ICU for a month once, after avoiding someone who came round a blind bend over the line as I was turning in. Scandinavian double-flick ensued and I went through a hedge and trees sideways, after being unable to control the wild oscillations. Spilt-second decisions don't allow much pondering of the consequences beyond the first action.

Punto know it all
    Oh no. That's both dans old gts have flipped now

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by sicskate View Post
    Oh no. That's both dans old gts have flipped now
    took the words right out of my mouth

R.I.P

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    time to make a new one then

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast