Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: swaps section??guaging interest section??

I think its not necessary for a swap section, just an advert with the item and price required and just add "or WHY" on the end that way your attracting potential buyers and swappers, has worked on ebay for years even though its only for auction sales

Punto know it all
    Common sense seems to agree with the general opinion here (for once )

No reason why someone can't offer a part in exchange for a product instead of cash in an exisiting for sale thread, no need for a new section!

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Theres nothing to say that the members cant do that anyway Tim, just no point diversifying the classifieds any further when alot of members still dont post a picture and a price.
    That's all fine. I was merely suggesting adding a few simple rules and hints to the appropriate sticky post and thus being able to point to that in case of questions.

Punto Lover
    So if for example I had a gt2seb4 ecu and advertise it in the for sale section and would belooking to swap for a seb2 ecu, but no one has one and someone buys mine. Basically I would be left with a dead car (again) and if I don't sell the item and hold out for a swap I would be getting told off. Surely there must be a way,

Punto Lover
    Yea because you wouldnt want cash for it, just the seb2 ecu so your car stays on the road. Thats a valid argument for a swap only thread IMO? When making a forsale thread i think you should have to post a price OR something you would do a direct swap for.
    For more complicated swaps like multi items or cash your/their way.. sort that out in PM? Anyone agree??

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamski1 View Post
    So if for example I had a gt2seb4 ecu and advertise it in the for sale section and would belooking to swap for a seb2 ecu, but no one has one and someone buys mine. Basically I would be left with a dead car (again) and if I don't sell the item and hold out for a swap I would be getting told off. Surely there must be a way,
    I take your point to some extent but, what's to prevent you specifying that you'd prefer to swap the GT2 ECU with POTR SEB4 chip for a GT3 ECU with a POTR SEB2 chip? Plus, you could always acquire the parts you need first, no? And, I believe that James (Mr Hans) does part-exchanges for SEB chip changes and some of the odder "specials" like a GT3 SEB2 chip for a GT1/2 ECU. I understand that money can be tight, but there are ways and means.

^^^ Indeed.

If you made a for sale thread and stated 'for sale for 50 quid or swap for seb2 ecu.' If you want to hold out for a swap then that's your choice but it could mean you miss a buyer for the seb4.
    There's no need for a new section when a sentence asking for a swap in a for sale thread will do the same job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123