Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: swaps section??guaging interest section??

Punto Lover

swaps section??guaging interest section??

im sure some would like to post on here with parts/items that they would like to try and swap,other than sell them,then have to buy what they wanted and mess about (and get there thread removed),also a section for "guaging interest" on members cars,which are maybee considering to sell,but are not sure if it would be worth the hassle,as no one is allowed to guage interest on there car's ( it's for sale or it's not)is the reply i got,i think a section for this could help.Anyone agree,im sure theres a few more out there that have had threads deleated because of this?

Punto Sports Club Member
    No problems with swaps in the parts for sale section in my opinion. So long as there are pics of the item and what you require in return (like a price).

guaging interest threads are BS. No vote from me there.

Punto Lover
    I like the Swap Shop idea like a giant electronic bring and buy sale

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Skillz View Post
    I like the Swap Shop idea like a giant electronic bring and buy sale
    Ebay you mean

Punto Lover
    swap section a good idea, but for gauging interest cant people just put, make me an offer?

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post
    ebay you mean
    nail ----> head

Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    No problems with swaps in the parts for sale section in my opinion. So long as there are pics of the item and what you require in return (like a price).

guaging interest threads are BS. No vote from me there.

Exactly!

Gauging interest threads are a complete waste of time.
    All it shows is that, at the time of the thread someone pays interest in whatever you may be selling.
    It doesn't mean they will be interested in it X amount of time down the line when the item is actually for sale, you'll not know until you actually put it up for sale.
    If you're for instance gauging interest in breaking a car, you know most parts will be sell-able so theres no actual point in asking if people want them.

Swaps section could be an idea, I'm not sure how many people swap things, I for one don't?
    A bit risky though if you're not meeting face to face with your potential swap-ee.

Punto Sports Club Member dru1989's Avatar
    i dont think a parts for swap section will ever work, i think the best way for this one is if you have lots of parts for sale to put them all in one thread with prices, and if theres parts you would swap for then list at the end and wait and see what interst you get from other members and negotiate deals yourself.

Swaps is just asking for trouble. For one, you cant necessarily both agree on a cash value of the transaction should something go wrong abit down the line etc.

If people want to swap, they could offer a swap in someones already exsisting for sale thread.

Gauging interest threads were banned for a number of good reasons.

Punto Lover
    So basically put my items in the for sale section (with a price) and with what i would be willing to swap?
    Example,i have a seb4 gt2 chipped ecu £80.00 willing to swap for a seb0/2 gt2 chipped ecu
    ect,ect?would that be ok with the mods?i know we all like to see pic's,but surely stripping the ecu down to see a chip,would be going too far?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast