Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: just so you know.....

Punto Lover
    I think Chris should now admit that the time has come to pass on the ownership of the site.

As much as I like him as a Person i rarely see him online and he obviously has a lot more important stuff to do than run this site to his best capabilities anymore.

I dont really know who my suggested person to take over the reins and spruce the place up would be but perhaps a collaboration would be a better idea.

This place is nothing like it used to be 2003 - 2006/7 a wider MK2/3 member base would be cool, as would the suggested extras like Detailing Section etc.

Even a proper gassing section for all the old skool crew

Punto know it all
    I'd say Todd, mike, Debbie for mods!

Punto Sports Club Member
    One of them can happily have my place.

No disrespect, but i cant see either mike or matt getting a mods role.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sicskate View Post
    I'd say Todd, mike, Debbie for mods!
    I'm flattered lol

Punto know it all
    Why don't we all draw straws?

Punto Sports Club Member
    Or soggy biscuit. Loser gets the job.

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Skillz View Post
    This place is nothing like it used to be 2003 - 2006/7 a wider MK2/3 member base would be cool

The main thing about PSC is that it is mk1 GT orientated. That's why I spend less time here than I used to....there just isn't any real coverage of mk2 except the odd couple of projects and people asking someone to ship parts to them from the UK.

It'll be a struggle to change this now though as there are already forums catering for the eneds of mk2, mk2b and GP owners.

Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    One of them can happily have my place.

No disrespect, but i cant see either mike or matt getting a mods role.
    I'll never be able to help out with this club in any capacity - because I am opinionated, know what I am talking about, and generally don't get on with Chris. Over the years I have probably been the most nominated person for a moderator role, but because of personal differences with Chris have never even been considered. The very fact that plenty of people have nominated me to not only be moderator but actually take over the club speaks volumes! Will Chris take any notice? No. He's swimming in that famous river, denial.
    Its disappointing really, not that I want to help out and can't, but that Chris is so blind he can't see that he has NO support in him running the club, not even from his own site staff!!! It shows that he is truly ignorant and does not care what happens to the club. I am still one of very few people who has actually stood up and said I care, I want to help, and has put together an action plan of how best to resolve the current crisis and take the club forward.

Sadly, we're just covering old ground here. Wilky will forever be the right hand man who nearly managed to do something to help. Tom, Rich, and Dean are the dependables who can be relied upon to tidy half the crap up and do Chris' job for him.. I say half the crap because 5 mods isn't anywhere near the amount required for a site this size..

My idea was always extend the site staff and spread the overall control across a few key people - I was thinking me Wilky and Dan, and us have a further 9 mods (3 each) to help out. All easier said than done, but I'm not convinced this place is in an unsalvageable state, it is poorly run and disorganised from the top down though

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I'll never be able to help out with this club in any capacity - because I am opinionated, know what I am talking about, and generally don't get on with Chris. Over the years I have probably been the most nominated person for a moderator role, but because of personal differences with Chris have never even been considered. The very fact that plenty of people have nominated me to not only be moderator but actually take over the club speaks volumes! Will Chris take any notice? No. He's swimming in that famous river, denial.
    Its disappointing really, not that I want to help out and can't, but that Chris is so blind he can't see that he has NO support in him running the club, not even from his own site staff!!! It shows that he is truly ignorant and does not care what happens to the club. I am still one of very few people who has actually stood up and said I care, I want to help, and has put together an action plan of how best to resolve the current crisis and take the club forward.

Sadly, we're just covering old ground here. Wilky will forever be the right hand man who nearly managed to do something to help. Tom, Rich, and Dean are the dependables who can be relied upon to tidy half the crap up and do Chris' job for him.. I say half the crap because 5 mods isn't anywhere near the amount required for a site this size..

My idea was always extend the site staff and spread the overall control across a few key people - I was thinking me Wilky and Dan, and us have a further 9 mods (3 each) to help out. All easier said than done, but I'm not convinced this place is in an unsalvageable state, it is poorly run and disorganised from the top down though
    Bang on, I've said for weeks, well since it kicked off properly that if I was given a few more powers, not just in running the club, then I think I could do a great deal in bringing this place back to life.
    But since Chris is refusing to even sign in for weeks on end, I don't think any thing is going to be done.

I mean, just look at how many ideas have been brought forward in the last few weeks. Ideas that will be a big step towards improving the place, but none of us mere moderators have enough buttons to act upon the suggestions so, still the place stagnates.

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post

Where has all these nominations/self love come from, because I certainly have never seen it lol I was a mod back in the day, and I've been here 10+ years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast