Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navigon 1310 complete kit UK, ROI + Europe maps w/updates & 2GB microSD card

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)

Navigon 1310 complete kit UK, ROI + Europe maps w/updates & 2GB microSD card

This is, in my opinion, one of the best little SatNav devices for the money. There are still 5 quarterly (1.25 years worth of) map updates to go on its comprehensive map coverage. The European coverage includes ~40 countries, many that other SatNavs do not (e.g. Bulgaria, Belarus, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania for example). It's currently running from Q3 2010 maps with an additional 2GB microSD card above what was supplied to me early this year. This being necessary to allow full map complement updating without resorting to excluding some countries, as the base unit has its own ~2GB internal memory, which was just a tiny amount too small to update with the new, larger maps and some of the free add-ons.

Link to Navigon 1310 mfr. detailed information

Pro.s:
    Comprehensive UK, ROI, and European map coverage, plus 6 quarterly updates.
    Lane guidance display for motorway and other exits, plus "next after" mini-display, in some cases.
    Real time, accurate, speed display option. (5, 10 or 15MPH above limit warnings - "Watch you speed!", with visual icon)
    Speed camera alerts plus 4/5 months of updates to go. ("Beware! Watch your speed!")
    Excellent windscreen attachment bracket.
    Cigar lighter power connector with long lead.
    Free fabric carry pouch for the main unit.
    Multiple, European language, verbal commentaries.
    Micro-USB to USB cable for PC connection, plus Windows (XP and above) software downloadable from Navigon. Instruction sheet with access codes supplied.

Con.s:

It can take quite some time to obtain initial satellite lock-on, from power-up/reset.
    There may be oddities in navigation and speed limit warnings, on occasion, especially when using the "Scenic" route setting. But, these are usually just amusing and not seriously inconveniencing.
    When deep in urban byways, the verbal turn instructions may be a little too slow, but it will tell you quickly, if you missed one.
    You really need to read and understand the reset, standby, power-on and power-off instructions as there's only the one power button and behaviour is dependant upon timing.
    No traffic update (TMC) capability.

Price: £50 plus P&P and insurance at cost.

I've used this unit extensively in the SE of the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, and NW Italy and, apart from the oddities mentioned, it has been a truly excellent travelling companion. The maps and updates alone are worth the price. I've tried to include enough detail of the specification and my usage experience to give you a comprehensive idea of its capabilities.

No offers, please.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 23rd August 2010 at 12:29. Reason: Added some extra Pro. bits. Item price reduced, postage & insurance at cost (~550g).

Approved and pics added.

Pic.s added and changed software to downloadable, as I'd forgotten that part. The accompanying instruction sheet with the map and speed camera authorisation codes will be supplied (shown in one pic.). I could supply a CD with the manual and current SatNav backup fileset tree, if necessary. The UK PDF format manual is stored on the device itself though.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 9th August 2010 at 14:10.

Now uploaded with Q3 2010 maps, so 5 quarterly updates to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3guy View Post
    no offers, please.
    £50 delivered

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    £50 delivered
    And after I asked you nicely! Maybe I'll consider offers later, after the weekend down in Devon.

Fair doo's. Might come in useful in Spain at the beggining of September.

OK, mate. £50 and it's yours by special delivery next day by 1:00PM, and we'll call it quits on the postages?

Missed out by a day for Si. So, £56.70 including insured, next day before 1:00PM, special delivery anywhere in the U.K. Royal Mail postal zone's acceptable geographical limits.

Main post updated with some bits and to reflect the price reduction.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 22nd August 2010 at 16:44.

Updated main post to flesh out the European country map coverage, and adjusted updates left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast