Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes, ideas?

Punto know it all
    i think the main website is pretty non existant. a good idea would be a section on the home page to show maybe the hottest 5 threads at the moment.
    And of course the main website needs more articles about club events, track days, rolling road days, merchandise. It is mainly to bring in new people to the forum. how many of us users actually ever look at the home page? my favourites shortcut is directly to the forum section as i guess most others will be too.

i think the sales section could be split. wheels / ice / engine / body. because most people will go on there looking for something in particular.

I also think there are too many sub sections that are similar and not really needed, like website ideas, daily chat, punto chat, etc... most people are unsure which section to post in. maybe just have a general chat area and most things can go in there, will keep an area of the forum busy instead of loads of different areas with not much but else tumble weed.

I only ever look at the website by accident. My faves brings me straight to forum index.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    So a donation pot basically? So what would the non punto owning donators want in return?
    Yeah I guess.

Hmm, just recognition that a donation has been made I guess, to show we are willing to support - we just dont need discounts etc!

Ive used two forums before where people have donated, whatever amount they like, and then they just have for example 'PSC donator' under they're name and a different colour...

Yes, I have used forums before where all I've made is a donation - to support the club. Perhaps allow a personal title or just "PSC Sponsor" as an avatar rank?

People like me have little to gain from the how to's and even less from the discounts as I don't own a Punto anymore.. I'd be happy to contribute and get member perks like a signature and avatar *sigh*, but wouldn't be interested in a member pack or stickers.

Detailing section is a definate I think - suprising howm any people don't know how to care for a car properly out there! double bucket wash ftw

Id also add i think the PSC Sponsor is a good idea.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    in personal respect. I open the forum from my firefox taskbar. and hardley ever look at the front page its self.

I think the reason for this is becuase it dosnt change. Maybe some rss feeds of some kind on the front page would help. a little bit of moving text or something. just something that changes every few days or gives out a little news or something

Also one thing reading the previous posts.
    The how to guides have been constructed by the members. these took the times from the members so a simple reward system could be implemented for people taking the time and effort to create these. like a slight discount on the membership or something.

Also i would say that they should be avaliable to a lot more members and not brought in as a membership perk as they were created by the members. i like the idea of the donation middle membership level and this could probably be the level that people could see the how to guides. which i think would bring in more people making the "donation" rather than not wanting to pay the full membership, Thus making things better in quite a few respects.

theirs plenty of times ive come across the comments where people have had arguments over non club members using the "bandwidth" etc and this would also eleviate that difference as those wanting to help the website could without buying the full membership that they origionally didnt want.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Id also like to add a question about the projects section and how that can be sub forumed

Like Full car projects
    Interior
    Exterior
    Ice

You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mawbster View Post
    Also one thing reading the previous posts.
    The how to guides have been constructed by the members. these took the times from the members so a simple reward system could be implemented for people taking the time and effort to create these. like a slight discount on the membership or something.

Also i would say that they should be avaliable to a lot more members and not brought in as a membership perk as they were created by the members. i like the idea of the donation middle membership level and this could probably be the level that people could see the how to guides. which i think would bring in more people making the "donation" rather than not wanting to pay the full membership, Thus making things better in quite a few respects.

Fookin' brilliant ideas Dan

For Sale/ Wanted - I think that categorising is a good idea. Mk1/2/GP. Makes sense to increase other mk users, if as successful as the mk1's.

How-to's - Is probably the best way to encourage membership i think. Again they should be set out to different models. Should be able to edit and add pictures etc (possibly by others to, not original poster via request) I think it should be made the 'bible' of the site. How many times do you see the same question pop up?

Donations - why not?? You never know some generous people may be out there. Its a no lose situation. A gesture can always be sorted later, like dan suggested. (if i could id have a Daves donations on my facebook!)

Daily chat - should be deleted if no response for 24hrs from last post. (if possible)

I think overall its not bad, its still got the appeal factor for us who dont have puntos anymore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast