Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes, ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by punto_dunsmore View Post
    Agree that there needs to be more paid up members to make this available, however in saying that, would this sort of offer not pull in more members, making the whole thing worthwhile in the long run?
    Chicken and egg situation. I think this is a good idea, but we need to rectify other things first.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Editing should be available to everyone, stops people looking complete retards, some people need that bit of help Keeps the forum tidyer. If people abuse the editing button to cover up things that privilage can be taken off them surely like been a banned trader.

Avatars and sigs should stay the preserve of those who pay, as should inbox size and what not.

A thorough going over of the How-to's a set way to describe them e.g. for mk1, mk2, GP etc etc. Making sure they all work properly, so its a proper resource worth paying to see. And maybe a HOw-to drive, and get people to cough up some info and photos for the benefit of everyone. Lots of people say how they want to help in any way poss.

Merchandise is a long shot and should be explored pending other areas been sorted first.

Got lots of things to say, mental block now and my Chickuns redeh!

The preview button is there for a reason people should learn to proof read their posts before pressing submit.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Editing to cover up things isn't much of a problem because mod's can see all of the different edit's of that post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    That is something that Adam is working on as we speak, if you have ideas for specific things it might be a good idea to discuss more detailed ideas with him (Cinquepunto)

I think the forum is the most important bit, Daily chat shouldnt be daily should be left open, more filth in the gentlemans club required .
    Detailing/Cleaning Section Something thats been discussed before and might be a worth while thing doing.
    Sort out the how to guides split it to its certain mk ie sub forum mk1 mk2 m3 etc.... Another good idea
    ^^ maybe we could do this with classifieds too would clean it up a bit
    Change the skin for vb as this one looks a bit tacky.I don't use the red green and white skin, there are two available. The one I use is the more boring plain blue one.
    Cool i'll pm adam see if i can help a little bit, we need some good skills regarding to photoshop and flash, and a little bit of genius html php css skills

Detailing section is a good idea - rather than refering to dw makes the club more tighter and keeps it a bit more interesting
    Classifieds if i remember used to be split out like fiat forum have it currently i dislike it! what i ment is keep the functionality the same, but split it into mk1 mk2 gp just makes it easier for people specially if were trying to bring more mk2 and gp users in because all you will see is scrap gt parts on psc

i know with vb you can make test forums, i think there should be an announcement on the forum to all users to vote for different skins, the plain blue doest look too bad, i know there are thousands of skins out there and you can make your own.

IMO the classifieds is fine. There needs to be a market of people selling the parts or people to buy them to warrent making it even more diverse.

When Chris first changed it there were too many sections and it just confused people, me included.

If there was a decent influx of GP owners and mk2 users id say go for it though.

Chris does make test forums but only the mods normally get to see it and see what they think of it. It could be opened up to members as well i guess.

Well I came up with a load of ideas in the other thread..

But, just to elaborate and save you going back and fourth;

* use the main website as a sales tool for club merchandise.
    You can advertise it on there, and just start using the main site more. I also suggested using that part of the site for write-ups about car shows that he club has attended.

* contribution by the club towards discounts for car shows, as discussed here already.

And I agree with pretty much everything the others are saying, about the edit button and stuff - I brought up making more noise about this being a Punto Club for all mk's aswell etc.

Punto know it all
    How about a 2 level membership system?

One for people that want the punto parts discounts, stand discounts and merchandise etc...

And one for non-punto owners (mostly) or people who just don't want those asepcts, but still want to show some support for the club?

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaL View Post
    How about a 2 level membership system?

One for people that want the punto parts discounts, stand discounts and merchandise etc...

And one for non-punto owners (mostly) or people who just don't want those asepcts, but still want to show some support for the club?
    So a donation pot basically? So what would the non punto owning donators want in return?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast