Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes, ideas?

Changes, ideas?

Seeing as though we're all doing or best to get some changes made I thought it might be a good idea to get the opinion of all you lot..

So what changes would you like to see?

Changes to rules?
    Changes to the home pages?
    Changes to different parts of the forum?
    Changes to the layout?

Lets hear your suggestions, time to speak up.

Punto Enthusiast
    I think the layout is spot on.. Easy to use Etc.

But one thing I would change is the availability of using Avatars/ signitures for non-members... I know that this is one of the perks of having a membership but I signed up last year and this is about the only thing that I got out of it..
    Id happliy sign up for another year if there where a few more advantages!

I dont mean to start an arguement by the way

Banned
    The rules as they go are quite good so id keep those the same tbh.
    Homepage and external website needs a whole rethink modernising and revamp maybe some more information about newer models what the club can offer (potentially)
    Events
    Discounts
    Images
    Shop? psc merch?

I think the forum is the most important bit, Daily chat shouldnt be daily should be left open, more filth in the gentlemans club required .
    Detailing/Cleaning Section
    Sort out the how to guides split it to its certain mk ie sub forum mk1 mk2 m3 etc....
    ^^ maybe we could do this with classifieds too would clean it up a bit
    Change the skin for vb as this one looks a bit tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by msdavenport91 View Post
    I think the layout is spot on.. Easy to use Etc.

But one thing I would change is the availability of using Avatars/ signitures for non-members... I know that this is one of the perks of having a membership but I signed up last year and this is about the only thing that I got out of it..
    Id happliy sign up for another year if there where a few more advantages!

I dont mean to start an arguement by the way
    Not an argument at all. A good valid point. IMO avatar and signature are perks or being a paid up member, and not the only perks I may add. You also get full access to the how to guides and the discount codes, which will continue to grow as Dan sorts some more out. He could get blood out of a stone!

Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    The rules as they go are quite good so id keep those the same tbh.
    Homepage and external website needs a whole rethink modernising and revamp maybe some more information about newer models what the club can offer (potentially)
    Events
    Discounts
    Images
    Shop? psc merch?

That is something that Adam is working on as we speak, if you have ideas for specific things it might be a good idea to discuss more detailed ideas with him (Cinquepunto)

I think the forum is the most important bit, Daily chat shouldnt be daily should be left open, more filth in the gentlemans club required .
    Detailing/Cleaning Section Something thats been discussed before and might be a worth while thing doing.
    Sort out the how to guides split it to its certain mk ie sub forum mk1 mk2 m3 etc.... Another good idea
    ^^ maybe we could do this with classifieds too would clean it up a bit
    Change the skin for vb as this one looks a bit tacky.I don't use the red green and white skin, there are two available. The one I use is the more boring plain blue one.

Splitting the classifieds sections isn't a good idea IMO. I've tried to break it down before and it just didn't work and the majority didn't like it.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Agree with the above really mate, being a paid up member, in my eyes, should mean you get stuff back from the club in return for your support. So things like editing posts should be available to any registered user. But I think paid up members, should get the likes of discounted tickets to events, ie, shows, dyno days, etc. Where the club pays the remainder of the costs. For example, and I know sxoc is a much larger club, but paid up members get say 5quid off tickets and the club pays that fiver. I think if Psc offered it's members a bit more than a few extras on the forum and more on the club side of things, you could justify bumping the membership costs up a bit. I pay 20 a year for sxoc but you make that back very quickly if you have a lot of involvement in the club.

I'm on the iPhone so sorry if part doesn't make sense lol. That's my input Si

Quote Originally Posted by ToddGT View Post
    Agree with the above really mate, being a paid up member, in my eyes, should mean you get stuff back from the club in return for your support. So things like editing posts should be available to any registered user. But I think paid up members, should get the likes of discounted tickets to events, ie, shows, dyno days, etc. Where the club pays the remainder of the costs. For example, and I know sxoc is a much larger club, but paid up members get say 5quid off tickets and the club pays that fiver. I think if Psc offered it's members a bit more than a few extras on the forum and more on the club side of things, you could justify bumping the membership costs up a bit. I pay 20 a year for sxoc but you make that back very quickly if you have a lot of involvement in the club.

I'm on the iPhone so sorry if part doesn't make sense lol. That's my input Si
    This is one thing I always planned for members, but the numbers weren't there to make it viable just yet.

Punto know it all
    How about a general instant message side bar?

I'd appreciate it if forum update suggestion go in this thread http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...d.php?t=110594 rather than here to keep it all together.

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy View Post
    This is one thing I always planned for members, but the numbers weren't there to make it viable just yet.
    Agree that there needs to be more paid up members to make this available, however in saying that, would this sort of offer not pull in more members, making the whole thing worthwhile in the long run?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast