Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes, ideas?

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    well one reason why it pops into my head. obviously while i was away my membership expired.
    Not being able to see something i had created myself was something that had made me a bit angry at the time.
    obviously i had resubscribed anyway but after spending a couple of hours doing the work and more time making the thread about it im sure people can understand how that would make you feel.

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mawbster View Post

Also i would say that they should be avaliable to a lot more members and not brought in as a membership perk as they were created by the members. i like the idea of the donation middle membership level and this could probably be the level that people could see the how to guides. which i think would bring in more people making the "donation" rather than not wanting to pay the full membership, Thus making things better in quite a few respects.
    I like this idea... I would structure it as follows:

Basic level membership: No perks, as is now..

Donation level membership: Users can choose how much they want to donate to the site and for this they get something along the lines of "PSC Sponsor" under their username, can view How to guides and can edit posts.

Full paying members: These members have full access to all areas of the forum, have avatars and signatures AND get a discount from shows etc subsidised by the club as per previous ideas in previous posts.

Obviously the Full paying members can be split into web only and membership pack prices as they are now if that idea was to be kept on...

Just my 2 cents...

I think you're at risk of breaking it down too much with what's been suggested. You have to keep it simple.

Club Sponsor - minimum donation £5, maximum £14 - allow said users to edit posts, custom avatar rank or "PSC Sponsor", avatars and signatures. Basically, full forum usage including access to the members section.

Full Membership - £15 - this is the premium membership which gets you all the forum perks, plus access to the guides, discounts, and any possible club subsiduries to events.

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar
    But this is in essence what I've just said, minus ofcourse the completely non-paid members, which there will obviously be....

Splitting the full paying members into web only and full pack subscriptions was just a suggestion as that's what the current structuring is, and was only if it was going to be kept that way, sorry if my post was confusing...

Financial resources need looking at before talk of subsidies gets thrown about. The pot might be in the red for all we know...

Only show PSC attends currently is AI @ brooklands which is £8

Banned
    I agree with the membership breakdown, i havn't renewed my membership for a very long time as i couldn't see the benefits in it for me, how-to's were handy, but everything else at the time i wasn't interested in.

I dont mean to start an arguement, but maybe give the banned traders a chance to redeem themselves, myself for example, i have purchased parts from top people from this forum since being banned with no problems or questions, also have sold many parts on ebay and fiat forum with no dilemmers. I have seen people been reverted from banned to normal status back in the days, so surely is still possible. Maybe work on a points system based on whether said member is a full paid member, helpfulness within the club and general willingness towards the club

Punto know it all
    Every member should be able to edit, put sigs, put avatars etc IMO.

I also think the majority of guides should be free to see.

I dislike the idea of forcing people into memebership. I totally understand making people pay for the guides but its not the right way to do it imo. People should pay to

-Show loyalty & support
    -Receive a decent range of discounts (one 10% could easily be membership back)
    -Get Priority at shows & events etc

And most importantly

-because they want to.

Forced membership = no. It's gone on too long..

Good points Cal.

A points system would be interesting, see them on DL forums etc.

I do like the idea of the different levels of membership. Would more than likely bring more members and more funds into the club.

Munch, giving banned traders a second chance is in now way going to benifit the club or it's members.
    Banning people from trading is not something thats just done willy nilly, we give people plenty time to sort their transactions out before they are banned.
    Something you're going to have to live with.

Banned
    But that wasnt the case with myself, i was given 2 days, to find a week later the person who accused me fitting the supposed non deliverd spoiler to his car.
    Aswell as this, the people i have seen be banned have left the site as they were only here to mug people off

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast