Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: 20vt

Quote Originally Posted by jack-de View Post
    and i wouldnt be giving away as much info away as then the cars worth more in the end
    Thats a load of tripe.

A good representation of the work gone in can give you a premium come sale time, look at it from another angle..

Punto Lover
    if theres 1 in the uk it will be worth more then if theres 10

if theres 1 in the uk it will be worth more then if theres 10
    But there are more then 10. Theres probs dozens of 16VT mk1 puntos. And seen a couple of 20VTs now too.

6years ago, maybe Greg had a monopoly on the 16VT punto, definately on this forum hence he managed to sell it for a great deal of money, twice. PSC isnt the be all and end all of puntos remember.

If you're banking on keeping specific numbers low so you can sell high then go make a strong coffee and give that a whiff.

Theres a very limited number of people on and off this forum who will pay more then say £2000 for a punto, all are over 10years old, later ones have the age old Fiat rust problems, older ones are going on being legally allowed to vote soon. It would have to be an especially good car to fetch a couple of grand, big engine conversion or not these days.

Sorry for the long rant lol

Brummy bummer
    and i wouldnt be giving away as much info away as then the cars worth more in the end
    Can we ban all of the idiots? Granted, there'd only be about ten of us left but we'd have no bullsh*t.

Punto Lover
    i will give all what i know to whoever wants to know it. I am not in it for the money but for the feeling i will get when that car hits boost and wipe a few smiles of smug peoples faces. People think it wont handle which is probly correct but i wont mind as i much prefer straight line speed and torque rather than taking a corner fast.

I will post up a few pictures of the gearbox mount tomorrow.

perfect position, tried and tested, i tried a few diffrent mount styles and angles, this was the best way to clear the shafts from the subframe with no knocking issues, and leave as much room as possible at the front for the rad and stuff (still not much tho si is it)

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    Every conversion is different jack and it's a different engine so of course it gonna be in a different position...
    Doesn't look that far from the same angle as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Yeah I fiddled with the rear mount for ages before I finished it, had the drive shafts in place so I knew exactly where they were in relation to the subframe.

Quote Originally Posted by punto gt turbo2 View Post
    i will give all what i know to whoever wants to know it. I am not in it for the money but for the feeling i will get when that car hits boost and wipe a few smiles of smug peoples faces. People think it wont handle which is probly correct but i wont mind as i much prefer straight line speed and torque rather than taking a corner fast.

I will post up a few pictures of the gearbox mount tomorrow.

Nice one, good on you for doing so.

Puntos handle **** anyway so you may aswell play to its strengths

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    6years ago, maybe Greg had a monopoly on the 16VT punto, definately on this forum hence he managed to sell it for a great deal of money, twice
    and what a car that was, i dont think any car has ever put such a smile on my face being sat in the passenger seat.

So good luck to you fella and glad to hear your doing it for the thrill rather than thinking whether your gonna make mega money

Punto Lover
    Quality mate the fact that your doing this difficult conversion in your back garden is amazing. keep taking your time and when its done it will be brilliant

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast