Thread: Took my car for a service GRRRRRR!

stern

Took my car for a service GRRRRRR!

had the car 7 months and done 7k not sure when it last had a service and I clocked it to 90k last month so thought I would pay for a full service.

Took it to a medium sized garage and it turns out an old mate works there "bonus" I thought.

Got it back and they told me what I suspected need new pads and discs on the front not too expensive booked it in for when I get paid.

they have tightened my handbrake as well, that was nice of them, took it for a spin and it seemed to be a bit sluggish.

left it on the drive for 4 hours went out again to pick up the mrs from work and nothing, no lights on the dash or anything, got it jump started and it seemed to be ok trickle charged it for the rest of the night

Started this morning to go to work and it's running like a total pile of ****, it's idling like a 100 year old tug boat the revs will occasionaly drop then go back up, it's misfiring like a bitch setting of sometimes there is a loud click or pop from the engine that I can feel through the accelerator!

no power juddering and the exhaust feels like it's gonna fall off and I get occasional sounds like something is hitting some metal with a hammer

I'm ringing them in the morning to sort out. I wouldn't mind but the car was running like a dream before I put it in and now I'm £75 down and a very poorly car

Does anyone know what the monkeys might have done to my car?

Punto know it all
    maybe they put the wrong spark plugs on??

soche
    Are all the pipes and hoses fitted correctly?

Best bet is to go back to them asap

Vibrio
    yes check the plugs and check the connections to the AFM and plug leads.

Punto know it all
    nothing wrong with sounding like a 100 year old tug boat... mine does

sounds like sparkies.

stern
    well I took it back this morning they identified the problem to a ****ed lead he took one of that seemed to be sparking and the rubber was perished and was in contact with the engine he replaced them with a brand new lead set for free.

It was like this before but must have been aggrevated by changing the plugs

I also noticed while the bonnet was open that the rocker cover is pissing oil which I'm getting sorted when I get the brakes done next week.

Car is running much better now