Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Lincolnshire.

Punto Lover

Hi from Lincolnshire.

Hey, joined up ages ago but bought a clio 1.8 16v instead, now bought a mk1 Punto GT and i'm very happy with it! Think engine is standard.

Need a dumpvalve though lol what's best to get for tshhhhhhh

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Welcome to the forum mate. A Baileys twin-piston or similar Forge seem to be favourite among the guys here. Your budget will determine which, as you'll also need the appropriate silicone top silicone boost tube with takeoff etc.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by GT3guy View Post
    Welcome to the forum mate. A Baileys twin-piston or similar Forge seem to be favourite among the guys here. Your budget will determine which, as you'll also need the appropriate silicone top silicone boost tube with takeoff etc.
    Cheers mate, my first turbo car, got alot to learn i'm sure! How much am i looking at for a baileys twin-piston dumpvalve with the appropiate silicone top and silicone boost tube with takeoff?

If you're patient, you can pick up a 2nd-hand silicone tube with takeoff from the Car Parts For Sale section for £10-15 plus postage. Likewise a dump valve for anything from £25-£40, say, I haven't been keeping track. Or, have a rummage on eBay and post a link asking, if you're unsure about applicability.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by GT3guy View Post
    If you're patient, you can pick up a 2nd-hand silicone tube with takeoff from the Car Parts For Sale section for £10-15 plus postage. Likewise a dump valve for anything from £25-£40, say, I haven't been keeping track. Or, have a rummage on eBay and post a link asking, if you're unsure about applicability.
    Cheers mate will keep an eye open

Punto Lover
    Anyone know why my car sometimes doesn't start first time? It has always started just takes a couple turns off the keylol.

you dont need to change the top pipe you just fit a dump valve straight to where the standard pipe comes from that goes to the standard dump dump value

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    you dont need to change the top pipe you just fit a dump valve straight to where the standard pipe comes from that goes to the standard dump dump value
    Oh? So i just fit the baileys dumpvalve to the standard tube, no need for silicone?

You'd need to either cut a short section of the std. recirc. valve's supply tube and fit the DV there (might need another J-clip, or not) and run a longer vac. pipe to it, or fit it at the recirc. valve's input end and bung up the takeoff where the recirc. valve fits. This'll depend on how loud, externally, you want the dump to be heard.

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    i have a piece of 25mm standard black silicone i can send you for £5 save butchering your recirc pipework which you might be able to sell for a few bucks with alot of people going back to standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast