Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all newbie to the site

Punto Enthusiast

Hi all newbie to the site

Hi guys and girls,just joined up and im going to be the owner of a fiat punto R reg punto gt...i always fancied a r5 turbo bu never got round to buying one,had 2 subaru uk and wrx jap import and 2 golf gti turbo's so im no stanger to the turbo world,just always wanted a nibble nippy punto gt

Picking up the car tommorow after work,got to have the exhaust gasket changed as when i test drove the car all it really needed was a new gasket and a good clean and i would have been impressed,needs a good service some autoglymm products and it will be fine..looking forward to being on this forum as ive been doing some reading up before going on the hunt for one

Punto Sports Club Member
    Step backwards getting a Punto...

Welcome to the site dude!

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    Step backwards getting a Punto...

Welcome to the site dude!
    Nonsense! I had the choice of the R5 Turbo years ago, but chose the 1.6 8v Golf GTI 5-speed on various factors. Had 2 Mk.2 GTI 16Vs and finally progressed to the Mk.1 Punto GT in 1999. It's different but is quite a big car for its size and my original one has been very reliable. Rust does creep in eventually, but the galavanised metal keeps this at bay a lot longer than, say, the infamous AlfaSuds, for example.

Welcome to the forum, Richie. I hope you've found a good example. You should find most information you'll ever need here, to keep it in shape etc.

Banned
    welcome mate where abouts you from?

ello and welcome, i only got mine two weeks ago replace ht leads and has lived up to bit new name of my little pocket rocket

Punto Enthusiast
    oh dear..ive slept on the decision of whether to buy the actual car i test drove,
    with the exhaust blowing making a horrible noise and losing compression so its down on power,
    cant take the chance of buying and then hoping after the gasket is changed that it will run ok,
    basically with all the noise from the exhaust blowing cant really tell if the engine is running sweet,turbo working ok....
    im prob gonna kick myself but ive been stung by a bad car before so im going to hold onto my cash longer...still gonna get a punto gt,just got to find one that aint been killed..thanx for the warm welcome im sure i will love it when i get the right motor

Punto Enthusiast
    Hi guys and girls,just joined up and i always fancied a r5 turbo but never got round to buying one,had 2 subaru uk and wrx jap import and 2 golf gti turbo's so im no stanger to the turbo world,just always wanted a nibble nippy punto gt...Hoping to find one soon

Punto Enthusiast
    Thanx for the welcome folks

Punto Enthusiast
    Thanx for the welcome

Punto Enthusiast
    OMG its been a while since ive used a fourm..posting everywhere lol,hope none of i makes sense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast