Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Pod 6th-8th August, big meet of the year.

Punto know it all

Santa Pod 6th-8th August, big meet of the year.

CHEQUES ARE NOW IN AND I SHALL RECEIVE THE TICKETS AND PASSES TOMORROW

The weekend of the 6th - 8th August is USC (Ultimate Street Car) weekend.

This gives everyone enough time to sort themselves out.

I have rung the organisers up and they have said that if we get at least 5 cars together for the camping weekend (regardless of the amount of people) we are allowed:

A club camping area
    A club section to show the cars off and promote the club
    The section will be near the pits so plenty of opportunity to promote
    A discount depending on the amount of tickets we book in advance

The newsletter explains in brief:

http://www.ultimatestreetcar.co.uk/f...newsletter.pdf

If you need further details go to:

http://www.ultimatestreetcar.co.uk/index.html

I went to this last year and was very impressed at how well it was run, it was quite busy I grant, but the camping area looked like a lot of fun and racing in classes was actually a lot closer than you may think. Terry Grant is there this year, along with the usual Jet cars and so on. There are dance tents and confirmed dj's as well this year. All in all it looks very good value for money if you camp for the weekend.

Prices for the weekend camping are:

£34 in advance for the weekend, in our club camping area.
    This includes free entry to all areas of the track, and I've been informed that this year some of the areas will be off limits to those without weekend pass (tbc).

If you want to run in a certain class at pod then prices will be £12 for three runs. You basically need a car mot worthy, they didn't check any of them last time around anyway, but any car doing over 100 at the finish line the driver needs to wear a helmet, all tyres must be road legal (again they never checked this) but basically any car can run.

For your £12 you get entered into a class of your choice (a class that you are eligible for) and you get three runs, each run gives you a timing slip of the usual stats, 1/4 mile time, reaction time and so on. At the end of the day, if you're in the top lot of your class then you win a certain prize, could be a set of alloys or money or whatever. When I did it last year, when it got a bit quiet they let anyone who wanted to do the 1/4 mile, whether you'd done three runs, paid or not, I don't know about this year though!

http://www.ultimatestreetcar.co.uk/trackaction.html

I'd like to organise this properly, not only to promote the club (I don't know how many thousand people went last year) but as a good excuse to prove just how good the cars of the likes of Rob and Greg are. It would also be a cracking way to finish the summer, decent cars, decent people, plenty of beer and fires and things like that!

We would have a properly organised and promoted club stand and hopefully everyone would support it, clean cars and so on!

James

(for a video of a pod run)
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kate.graham3/pod.mpg

*updated*
    People interested in going:

Jimma
    Baby172
    Nwmlargee
    GarvGT + girlfriend
    mattw_gt
    Lee 544
    gtturbo
    punto855
    puntomojo
    xploitgt
    Influx
    Puntobabeuk
    Punto
    Soche
    PSXPrince
    Nakajima
    Matt J
    Aaronwillis

I also add it has now been confirmed, Annie Nightingale will be doing a set Saturday evening in the Euphoria Dance Tent, they're currently trying to secure a well known name for the Friday Night Drum and Bass tent. This weekend sounds like it'll be a proper laugh.

I can arrange delivery of the tickets as and when I get them or I can give them to you on the gate, I leave that decision to yourselves.

The absolute latest i must have your cheques in is July 21st, any later and I cannot guarantee you a place for the weekend, or a place to show your car. (date now been and gone)

Thanks

James

*I just had a chat with someone and this came up*

what i thought we booked tickets direct with them?
    Or are you saying we book with them but you collect the cash on behalf of the club? wont that leave you out of pocket if people pull out?
    my reply:

nope, doesn't leave me out of pocket, only really on the booking fee and as that's only a couple of quid I'm willing to pay that to make this successful.

I need to book 5 tickets minimum to guarantee places, after that I can add a maximum of the original amount of people I said would go. So, upon sending them 5 cheques, and guaranteeing us a place, I may say I expect another 20 people, so they'll hold back another 20 places in that area until the cut off date.
    It'd be nice if some of the "old school" could make the effort and come along and support this.

*UPDATED AGAIN!*

People currently confirmed and received cheques:

Jimma
    Baby172
    Lee544 + friend
    Nakajima + 4 friends
    Matt J + friend
    Soche
    GarvGT + friend
    Nwmlargee + friend
    Donut + friend
    Arnell + friend
    Punto16v

*furthermore*

As we get nearer the date, my mobile number is 07834 467415, any questions I'd rather you pm'd me about, but nearer the time, any problem with directions or other issues by all means text or buzz me.

This has now all been confirmed and booked, look forward to seeing you all there.

I would ideally like you to pm me if you're on the above list to say roughly when you're going, time and date, and if you really want, I can send you tickets and passes through the post. If not then I shall give them to you on the gate.

I must stop saying "tbh"
    i could live with that date for the whole weekend i mean
    i take it we pay per car?

Punto know it all
    I think that is per person, but no doubt details are on that website.

Punto know it all
    I think its per person. It was a couple of years ago when I went last

Punto know it all
    good lad, you'll be coming along this year then.

Punto know it all
    Lol, I had thought about it. Was a really good weekend last time.

I took a sixman tent

Punto know it all
    good lad, I've added you then.

Right, well I think we can manage at least five people already lol. So I think it should go ahead. I shall wait for a couple more replies and come the end of the week sort out further details.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by GarvGT
    I took a sixman tent
    all sounds a bit homo

why would you want 6 men in your tent

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by baby172
    Quote Originally Posted by GarvGT
    I took a sixman tent
    all sounds a bit homo

why would you want 6 men in your tent

It was for me and the gf, my beer and my bbq

Punto know it all
    okay that's four things. hehe.

I've included you then. I have a large tent.

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast