Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Soo, i went to FC Preformance today...

Punto Lover
    Thank you very much leighton

Punto Lover
    How much does it cost? If its only a bit more than a seb chip then I dont see why its a waste of money. He gains more power than he would ever do with a Seb at this stage. I never gained more than 154 with any of my seb 0´s. He even got better hp than some turbo upgraded GT´s. A live remap is always better.

I'm fed up of the SEB bashing. SEB0 is a 160hp chip, to get 154 from it isn't bad.

If you wanted 170, you should've put your hand in your pocket and bought the GT3 model and stuck a SEB2 in it. This is a 170hp chip.

I'm all for individual mapping, but it seems a bit lame to state one of your reasons as "not wanting to follow the sheep" . Too much emphasis on the word "custom"

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I'm fed up of the SEB bashing. SEB0 is a 160hp chip, to get 154 from it isn't bad.

If you wanted 170, you should've put your hand in your pocket and bought the GT3 model and stuck a SEB2 in it. This is a 170hp chip.

I'm all for individual mapping, but it seems a bit lame to state one of your reasons as "not wanting to follow the sheep" . Too much emphasis on the word "custom"

I had 2 of them so clearly I was happy with them or I would not get one again, would I.

This is from the guide:

GT1 Seb0 - GT1 running a recommended 1.2bar, you can run upto 1.35bar in short burts.
    Use a bleed valve or other boost control device (NOT the original pierburg valve, this needs to be disconnected),
    Direct airfilter (induction kit),
    Free flowing exhaust (magnex, scorpion, peco, Janspeed, Powerflow etc)
    Catalyst or no catalyst (Scorpion Decat pipe).
    This will return in the region of 160-165hp on a standard car (~170hp @ 1.35bar).
    7300rpm limiter and 3bar boost cuts.
    Mapped for power.

160-165hp on a standard car (~170hp @ 1.35bar). ???

I dont think so.

I have made an upgrade now so I actually will reach into my pocket and do a remap insted of a seb4.

Punto Sports Club Member
    I see no Seb bashing here?

Punto Lover

i have never once said that i disliked the seb chips, read through the thread and you'll see that i didn't mension anything bad about them. other people have started the debate about them not me.

well you havn't read this thread then have you, i have a GT3 which had a seb2 chip, not a GT1 with the seb0.

It was a sweeping statement. Whenever a remap and SEB are mentioned in the same thread there's always one or two that jump on the bandwagon and/or wont be told.

I saw you had a GT3 so what makes you think I was aiming my statement at you?

Doesn't matter much anyway, as I say, it was more of a sweeping statement. If anything it was more PuntoSwed I was referring to, and PuntoGT0454689097980 with his cheap shot

Punto Lover
    It was a sweeping statement. Whenever a remap and SEB are mentioned in the same thread there's always one or two that jump on the bandwagon and/or wont be told.

I saw you had a GT3 so what makes you think I was aiming my statement at you?

Doesn't matter much anyway, as I say, it was more of a sweeping statement. If anything it was more PuntoSwed I was referring to, and PuntoGT0454689097980 with his cheap shot
    yes but thats just like religion (?) lol, there is always going to be a debate on which one is better.

but as you didn't quote me i assumed that you were referring to me.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I dont think one of these remaps is that different Chris.

TBH its just a waste of money on standard turbo/seb2 when there are no more gains to be had and it just costs abit more money. I can see the point for a turbo upgrade aswell as other fueling modifications etc.
    disagree with you there mate, for the extra cost on top of a new seb chip, it is far from a waste of money. Gains over the entire rpm range, much better driveability off boost and part throttle. It doesnt turn the car into a monster but it makes it a lot better to drive all round and pulls noticeable harder through the entire rev range. Its not just about peak figure increase

I've always said I would do this eventually with my car (when it's on the road for long enough ).

Nothing against SEBs at all, so no bashing here.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast