Thread: Hi There

Hi There

Hi there

I'm Ryan, 25 and I drive a Black '96 1.2 75 ELX. I've joined the site to try and get some advice regarding the general operation of the car and I can already see a couple of user names I recognise from other websites (BenMK, XploitGT) so that'll be interesting

Resource looks rammed with useful stuff, thanks

Ryan

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Welcome to the forum. It's good to know you recognise some of the members here. Maybe you could put some pictures of your car up, either one or two here or in the "Images" subforum.

Alright Pi in the Sky! Are you not rolling in the 200 anymore?

Welcome!

Punto Enthusiast
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome The car really isn't anything great at all. It's a sub £200 example and it's in need of some cosmetic TLC (which is underway) but it's done 77,000 miles, ticks over like a charm and does everything I need it to do with my trip to work.

I was lucky enough to pick up a replacement set of bumpers with fogs the other day, won a bonnet on eBay and shall be picking up a pair of wings from Euro Car Parts in the next few weeks. I do however need a door, and some advice about the body roll.

I haven't even looked to see if there is an ARB fitted but I hope there is and that it's upgradable. Granted it's no rocket ship but when it's going it's quite a good giggle, but it's ruined by the body roll affecting the turn in and steering inputs. I'd like to liven that up.

Hi Dan Wrote it off in December 2008 after splitting with Stacy and driving beyond my abilities. Lesson learned, but I thought you knew from CN days?

No ARBs on that badoy Ry!

You can easily fit a GT ARB though, if i had any spares you could have them for free, might be worth putting up a wanted post as alot of people have upgraded to Eibach ARBs lately so may have GT roll bars knocking about. The only issue would be the threads on your front wishbones are probably chocker with corrosion, however a set of new arms complete with bushs are only £30-40 each i think + a near free ARB and that would be a decent upgrade IMO!

Yeah i remember about the 200 now, totally forgot tbh! Down a bank and in some trees? Bad times! Very surprised you havnt bought another one though!!

Good to hear you are well though Chief!

I knew there was a reason I signed up here, that sounds excellent. I just flipped over to new plugs and oil today and the underside (although solid) is definitely corroded.

Righto, I'll have a look around it again today and figure something out, cheers for the heads up.

Yeah, the SX died December 2008. I got a voicemail from my (now ex, Mrs. at the time) to say she'd slept with someone else. Drove home and wasn't driving like a tool but just wasn't paying attention. Stepped the back end out, tore off a wheel on an inspection column in the ground and rolled into some banking.

Bad times. Good to hear from you as well though, been a while

You're quite right Dan, not a sausage on the car. I will have a looksie around. I have found that the cars are dirty chip to maintain though which is nice. But with me living 2 miles from work down back roads there's just no point in getting anything "better".

Rest in Peace lovely Nissan.