Took one of these out yesterday as they didnt have any GTs in the showroom.

I think the std 0-60 time is around 10.6s on these, about 0.5s slower than the GT.

The car is driven by a 1.6 16v engine, I guess it cant much different to the old VTS style engine? although somewhere along the way they have lost power.

The VTR is equipped with senso drive gears. Its an automatic car with the option of switching to senso drive, a kind of semi automatic mode which allows you to rag the **** out of every gear until you feel it is time to change up a gear using the shift paddles around the steering wheel or by clicking the fake gear stick forward or backwards. The plus side of this setup is that you can be a lazy drive and never worry about changing down gears. If the car is going to slow for a particular gear it automatically changes to a better gear.

I got used to the gears quite quickly although my left foot became very bored of not having a clutch to use and I occasionally kicked the brake with my foot as I was searching for an imaginary clutch

The car is quite nippy and as with most new cars its all held together well. Seats are comfy and the cabin is spacious. The boot door is split in two parts so you can open only the top half if you just want to bung the shopping bags in etc. The bottom half opens downards and rests at a 90 degree angle to the floor so you can flip it down and sit on it (max weight up to 100kilos). This was quite a nice gimmick although doesnt sell it for me.

The drive was smooth. Gear changes are quite slow, being an automatic although the senso drive function makes them a bit quicker although not much.

The car drives ok but for the first time, when I got back into my Sporting I was so much happier at the accleration and driveability of it.

I cant say this is the same for the C2 GT but the VTR is definitely not a car to get if you like your manual cars.