Thread: im new !!

Red face im new !!

Hi everyone , im new so one and all including administrators pls bear with me as the site seems like a fountain of imformation !!! Luv it !!

So many bargains and bits i would have jumped at !! Leather seats , engine bits , the works !! will be checking regularly from here on for bargains!

Thats the good news , now alas my reason for joining such a invaluable community is i have had an unfortunate mishap with my mildy modified black punto gt3, which looks exactly like Tom " The big Man " .s punto , bonnet vent, abarth kit, wheels ( mine are silver but the same! ) morette head lights ,quite amazing !!! Good taste in styling by the way !

But to the point, not paying attention to oil level, and a large rattle came from engine !! parked straight away, filled with oil next day as cam looked bone dry when opening the cap !! left car for few hrs, Car started , let engine run for a while . Left till next day , filled to oil level before hand.

3 mechanics have listened and said bottom end and new engine straight away !! Rattle starts at around 3000 revs up, car still drives normal through to 30mph. Was hoping i had worn the cam, as noise seemed up top rather than the bottom. Seems doubtfull now though based on 3 mechanics saying the same thing.

So basically looking for a rebuilt or new bottom end , uprated head , possibly a whole engine already sorted with all of the above , and someone proper in south london or close to fit it ? Punto boy seems like a fiat guru , was looking at your rebuild and engine swap, just they man !! if you see my thread , holla with a contact number , would be great to hear your view on the way forward.

Tom " the big Man " , you may be able to help on engine parts , your engine seems as though it may have been well modified , but as i have just joined not sure what you have left ? Please if you see my thread , please contact me and let me know , thanks.

Any pointers from the community would be appreciated , not looking the cheapest way out , love the car unfortunate this happened . Just missed a full engine with forged pistons, titanium conrods, skimmed , flowed and bored head , kent cams, hybrid turbo, rebuilt bottom end , all for £400 !!!!!! Gutted Guy wanted to get rid, something may come along , if any one knows let me know . Cheers again peeps, im sure the community can help !

Punto Lover
    Wecome on board mate, enjoy PSC

nice one thanks !!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassline71 View Post
    nice one thanks !!
    I was gonna start pointing you in directions but it seems you have found all the usual suspects who can help you. If you are in South london its not mega far from Dean and Tom so hopefully one of them can help you out with the knocking.

Thanks mr skillz , what area are they in ? Be good to talk or see them , im sure they can help me , they seem to be the boys to talk to .

Punto Enthusiast
    Welcome to Psc doode