Thread: 260 miles to go.not long now;)

Jon_GT3

260 miles to go.not long now;)

Not sure if many will remember but I am arranging a race with my m8 in his 'tuned' 1.6 106 xsi. well he's now got his car bk, and doesnt it hell sound lumpy and as though its gonna cut out all the time. the cams just seen to of really messed up his set-up, plus it doesnt sound as nice any more

its 260 miles to go because he says he has to let his engine run in

so with his UPRATED: Manifold,chip,exhaust, decatted, cams, pulleys, and whatever else his was going on about, (130-40bhp ish?) whats his chances against my

GT3 seb2 running 18psi, with powerflow turbo-bk decatted exhaust? (155-160bhp)

I personally think I should beat it? what do you think?

also I dont think I should touch many tight corners eiether, those pugs handle quite well!!!!

I kept up with my m8's 172 till about 105mph ish, but I was 1 up and he was 3 up, but he did have a slight lead at beginning, but on way bk down on duals, I beat him to 80mph, rolling from 25-30mph ish

Punto Lover
    i would say you should be able to give the 106 a serious run for its money, at the end of the day you have huge midrange whereas he has very little
    even on the twisties that midrange comes in very handy

Gearbox Abuser
    id be very warey of this 106, i think it'll supprise you, a proper lumpy cam means that its on full song bout 3500rpm and his mid range will be very good, id say it'll be very close, he might even nip ya to the post.

Punto know it all
    8)

Punto Enthusiast
    I'd say u should win, i've got a modded 1.6 106Xsi (cams/zorst/decat/manifold/ind kit/chip bla bla bla) and i think they are shite, really not impressed (hence why im sellin it for a GT)..Very fast round the twistys tho...Straight line u should kick his ass :-)

Jon_GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by 16vMunky
    I'd say u should win, i've got a modded 1.6 106Xsi (cams/zorst/decat/manifold/ind kit/chip bla bla bla) and i think they are shite, really not impressed (hence why im sellin it for a GT)..Very fast round the twistys tho...Straight line u should kick his ass :-)

this was exactly what I was thinking