Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki Ignis - ugly but pokey!

soche
    I took the Ignis Sport for a test drive around Alton and Bentley areas, bit of dual carriageway and some back roading too.

I have to say it is a nice little car. The recaro seats (front only) are very comfy and the ride height is quite a bit higher than the Punto. The only naff thing about the seats are the head rests, they are hollow with tacky looking netting in but aside form that its nice.

Car comes with a nice mp3 alpine (i think) h/u which looks swish and aircon as standard. The cabin has quite a lot of space in although boot space is much smaller due to the fact that all you have is the space behind the rear seats which are fairly close to the boot door and there is no space below the boot hatch level as this is floored off with the spare wheel underneath. That aside the car has plenty of space.

The car drives nice. Its a sport version and as such has all the features mentioned above and sounds nice when you push it although not as nice as mine It responds well to gas and although it may not have the torque of a GT I would say that anyone who hasnt had a GT or any car 150bhp+ would enjoy this car if they could get over the fact that it looks like a box with wheels.

The suspension is quite tight an dsporty and holds the road quite well. Bunps are felt but it is at an acceptable level. Road noise is low. I imagine with an aftermarket filter this thing could sound great.

The 1.5 variable valve engine is nice although I didnt really get the chance to push it proper hard as the saleman was sat behind me I gave it a good blast with my max speed peaking at 105mph.

When asking about the VVT and saying when does it kick in, his reply was when revs get high I only took the car to the red line once as I had already signed a disclaimer saying that I'd have to pay the first £500 of any insurance claim and am liable for any road offences :x

I embarased a Golf GTI very easily on the dual carriageway whic was funny. I stuck to 70 and knew he'd try and pass the boxy suzuki car in front of him, but he couldn't

Overall I rate this car quite well. It certainly is a fun thing to drive and chuck around and with the small size would be easy to park. It is miles faster and better than the new Citroen C2 1.6 VTR with sensodrive gears.

The car I took out was standard apart from chromed alloys (£750 option ), black tape like on the Punto behind the front door windows and door sills.

Well done suzuki for a nice little car.

Quote Originally Posted by soche
    £9k with 1 yrs insurance

test driving tomorrow at 12...(after a C2 VTR and beforea Clio 182) hopefully they'll give me the keys

Even if they dont I'll rag the f**k out of it!

How are you going to rag the fuk out of the car if they dont give you the keys lol

soche
    werent sure if the salesman would give me the keys, he was asking lots of questions over the phone. sounding me out but im good at bullshitting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12