Thread: Raced another GT

chris g

Raced another GT

Met another GT1 on local dual carriageway this evening. We both joined at same sliproad, me infront him right behind. There were some cars infront f us. Joined carriageway at about 60 in left hand lane, he pulled out and went round me so i followed (Well it'd be rude not to) I caught him up quite quickly stayed level to about 90 then managed to edge passed slowly and pulled a couple of lengths!!!

Only engine mod i have is bleed valve so i'm guessing his was standard, first time i'd raced another GT and i was well chuffed (Although my mum sat in the passenger seat was not!!!!!)

Gearbox Abuser
    lol, why is it mums are never impressed with racing

Vibrio
    1.35 bar with no mapping not going to be doign your car any good

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrio
    this had been discussed 000s of time and its getting boring tbh, personally i think its down to the way its driven and depends also on the car

i ran over 1.5bar for at least 30k then went to SEB, turbo lasted upto 94k and no apparent wear on the engine..certainly not on the bore/pistons or the cam anyhow

Vibrio
    Quote Originally Posted by punto855
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrio
    this had been discussed 000s of time and its getting boring tbh, personally i think its down to the way its driven and depends also on the car

i ran over 1.5bar for at least 30k then went to SEB, turbo lasted upto 94k and no apparent wear on the engine..certainly not on the bore/pistons or the cam anyhow

you can certainly have a car set at that but if your not using boost much then it's going to last use the turbo a lot then it's not going to last long

chris g
    Sorry i forgot to update my sig, I did have a SEB, thats when i was runnign 1.35bar. I recently sold the SEB because i am goint to be selling the car and am now running 1.2bar.