Thread: M.o.t

Punto Enthusiast

M.o.t

ok basically my car is having it's m.o.t tomorrow and ive already run the car upto the centre(recomended by a work collegue who has a modded bmw) as they wanted to have a quick glance over it too see if the exhaust was to loud for set limits, and while on the car lift the mechanic noticed its blowing air by the flexi pipe just before the catalitic converter, he said if it failed on emmissions it would cost about £100 to replace with labour included but is that a deal or not??? i mean he is letting me have thje M.O.T done for £35 and as my exhaust is too loud for there original set limits there letting another person do it who said too him its excaptable, so basically thats the only thing they think it could fail on is the emissions from the blowing but does that seem a good price??? i mean could someone if needed sell a used part????

id say more £60 is about right.

only fit new or nearly new one.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    id say more £60 is about right.

only fit new or nearly new one.
    ok cheers mate, probs being i spent quite a bit getting looking good and now i have relised it was a mistake :/ i'll probs get £400 for it when i sell it in march and i just dont want to spend much more on it:/

but thanks anway mate