Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone good with PC's Help please, need advice!!

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar

Anyone good with PC's Help please, need advice!!

I have a fujitsu siemens laptop, but the cd-rw drive doesnt burn cds on itunes. Its a problem with the firmware apparently.

Dell have released a firmware update for this driver for their laptops. What I want to know is will the update work on my fujitsu siemens?

cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punto_dunsmore View Post
    I have a fujitsu siemens laptop, but the cd-rw drive doesnt burn cds on itunes. Its a problem with the firmware apparently.

Dell have released a firmware update for this driver for their laptops. What I want to know is will the update work on my fujitsu siemens?

cheers
    dont know if this would help,when you buy music on i tunes does it download to your PC? if yes why dont you locate it on your disc and send it to your drive to burn it!!

Punto Lover
    Really not sure at all about the driver but im guessing it won't.

You could try downloading idump,copy the files that you want from the ipod then locate them on your drive. Open your burning software and add them?

If you can't burn them straight from the encrypted file just use a converter?

Just a suggestion (y)

i can work a away around burning cd's through media player, its just a pain having to move them over.
    Thanks for the replies

Banned
    ok so it does burn with other software correct? then its not a drive fault more likely an out of date itunes. Download the new one and see

yeh its not a drive issue, it has been confirmed that its a firmware issue, a problem with compatability between this drive and itunes, and dell have released a firmware update for the drive that fixes the issue.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    yeh its not a drive issue, it has been confirmed that its a firmware issue, a problem with compatability between this drive and itunes, and dell have released a firmware update for the drive that fixes the issue.
    Not wanting to add any confusion, but why are Dell issuing a firmware update for a Fujitsu Siemens system and what is that intended to update, the system's BIOS or the drive's firmware? Have you ascertained what make and model of CD-RW drive is in your laptop?

If Dell are providing support for the F-S laptop and its BIOS is to be updated by what you have, then it's OK to trust. If it's for an unidentified CD-RW drive (although Dell may be aware of what it is) then it's a little less clear, but the update process should confirm that the firmware applies to the specific drive installed and not update any old drive. HTTH.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 15th December 2009 at 11:52.

ok sorry im probably not being very clear. The drive I have in my laptop is a TSSTcorp TS-L632H, which is the same drive that dell use in some of their systems. This drive has problems writing to cd's from itunes, but dell have released a firmware update that fixes the issue, however fujitsu siemens havent.

Banned
    go for it, do it mate should be fine, it wil check the eemprom before flashing to see if its compatible cant go wrong. If you brick it there v cheap and easy to replace.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    ok sorry im probably not being very clear. The drive I have in my laptop is a TSSTcorp TS-L632H, which is the same drive that dell use in some of their systems. This drive has problems writing to cd's from itunes, but dell have released a firmware update that fixes the issue, however fujitsu siemens havent.
    OK then, the package is drive-specific and will check that it's the correct drive type and needs the update before flashing the firmware. Nothing to worry about, just do it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast