Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help on tunning a punto Mk1 75sx

Help on tunning a punto Mk1 75sx

Hey all I am new on the fourm and was just hoping that some of you can help me out a bit. I have a 1996 punto 75sx modified with 17" alloys full body kit and all tricked up on the out side lol and it bright green hits the name mushypee . But i am getting really pissed off cuz it looks the part but dow GGGGGOOOO lol. I am just looking for bit more power and dow want sell me car. I was thinking of tring to swop some parts off the punto sporting and putting them onto mine but would they fit and make any differnts thanks for yh help all chris

Punto know it all
    Everyones probably gonna say the same thing, decent exhaust, performance manifold (not sure if they exists for the 75 though?) GSR or BMC CDA induction kit.

Not gonna do a huge amount though, if you want real power and you reckon your cars shell is worth keeping go for a Gt conversion

yhyh kk m8 thanks for the help and where do i see about a perforance manifold

Punto know it all
    Not to sure for the 75, supersprint did one for sporting as i had one, so might be worth a try. You might also be able to get an engine chip known as a Mckritch chip, but i'm not too sure if they make one for the 75, iirc its only for the 60 and 55 but someone will know

Punto Enthusiast
    The McKcrich chip will work in a 75sx but how much difference it will make i don't know if i were you i wouldnt bother looking into performance mods just make the step up to a sporting or take a leap and get a gt.

PSC sex offender no.1
    The McKcrich chip won't work on a 75. The chip is for SPI engines iirc.

Manifolds are available from supersprint...but they are rare as rocker horse shizzle...they very rarely pop up on Ebay.

GSR kit and decent cat-back is a start. Loosing some wieght wouldn't hurt either...oh and dropping the heavy 17"ers for something a bit smaller would make some small difference.

After that it's all expensive stuff like stand-alone ECU and turbo conversions.

You could port and polish the head but the gains are pretty minimal.
    Bigger valves is out of the question as there's no room in the head to fit larger valves without moving the whole valve over a few mm which is excessive work and cost for bugger all gain.

'Stepping up' is also pretty pointless as a mere 10bhp increase isn't that amazing.

Only real option for big power from a75 is a turbo conversion or custom build...there's been a couple of low-boost turbo applications made but I've not heard anything of them in a year or 2.

Without trying to be rude, don't bother trying to tune the 75 engine.
    You'll spend a good amount of money doing it, most of which would be alot better spent doing a GT conversion. Which if you go for the simple stage1 SEB0/2 setup will see you with more than double the power of your 75 engine, with decent torque and boooooost!

Loads of info available on it at the click od the search button.

PSC sex offender no.1
    Fair point by Si there...I did spend a LOT of time and money trying to get something decent from my 75 only for the engine to blow up

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post
    Fair point by Si there...I did spend a LOT of time and money trying to get something decent from my 75 only for the engine to blow up
    Lol hope you did'nt spend too much

PSC sex offender no.1
    It was getting towards £2k that's including cosmetic mods such as colour coding the bumpers and swapping the bonnet for the cf one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast