Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fixed speed camera question

Punto Enthusiast

fixed speed camera question

i think i have just got *caught* speeding.

I pulled out if a junction i use all the time, know tne road very well. The cam is fixed and is about 20m from the junction, i pulled out and accelerated quickly, not fast to 30, i was in 2nd gear, still looking at the speedo, i was doig 32mph. Front wheels went over the 3 lines, all a sudden my car filled with a flash, i reconised the colour of the flash, xenon blue. Tnought fu*k

I now have 14 days to hear something, no doubt it will be here tuesday. How do i go about apealing? I use this road/ junction everyday and ALWAYS watch my speed o this road. I thought you were allowed 10% + 3mph? Making it 36mph? Maybe even a 3mph tollerance if they want to be harsh?

Any help would be great, thanks

Oh yer, been driving for like 20 months, first ever tning like this

Punto Sports Club Member
    So you was going 32 in a 30. Meaning you was speeding. Harsh I know, but a reality. You have nothing to appeal against.

Your 32 may well and most likely wont be 32 as the clocks are usually some degree out.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    So you was going 32 in a 30. Meaning you was speeding. Harsh I know, but a reality. You have nothing to appeal against.

Your 32 may well and most likely wont be 32 as the clocks are usually some degree out.
    Yes i know, normally clocks are 10% out, so you travel 10% faster then you ach are

Punto Lover
    you sure it wasn't someone going the other way that set it off? I'm sure speedo's usually say your going faster than you actually are.

Punto Sports Club Member John_c's Avatar
    Camera's flash white? sure it werent someone behind playing a prank to **** you up? lol i do this to my mates sometimes with my HID's.

Also i believe its 10% + 2mph, but thats not for definate! some roads may have a tolerance, some may not.

If you was going 32 and got flashed then you would have nothing to appeal against im afraid as you were speeding.

Good luck though!
    Zetec kicking in y0!

Punto Enthusiast
    Assumming what your saying is honest, I would advise you to just wait and see if you even get a ticket through the post. Sometimes, the camera may just be flashing to check your speed as a means of re-calibration... I think appeals will go through a tribunal/county court, but details of the appeal procedure will be attatched to the speeding ticket. Good luck!

Punto Enthusiast
    honest truth, it was more white, but had a hint of blue. No one was coming othrr way. Could i say its unfair not having a tollerance? How much will my insurance go up?

Punto know it all
    You've got 2 weeks for it to arrive, baring in mind there's postal strikes so give it a few days extra but two weeks is how long they have from the offence to issuing you an NIP (notice of intended prosecution) If you do recieve anything take it over to pepipoo (google it) and they'll be able to help.

It's a forum for speeding tickets, parking tickets and general motor convictions. They helped me get out of a parking ticket a year or so ago. Best of luck

Punto Enthusiast
    iv been flashed a few times.. once i was even going 37 in a 30.. alot they dont prosecute apparently.. iv never heard a single thing

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy2005 View Post
    I now have 14 days to hear something, no doubt it will be here tuesday. How do i go about apealing? I use this road/ junction everyday and ALWAYS watch my speed o this road. I thought you were allowed 10% + 3mph? Making it 36mph? Maybe even a 3mph tollerance if they want to be harsh?
    Ok...when i got hit by a mobile van and did a speed workshop they told me the following...

10%+2 or 10%+3 is total rubbish. If the force wishes to prosecute at 30.001mph they can. Most forces however give a %+2 to account for speedo errors.

Second thing they told us is that some of the people there may have thought they had 14 days. Again rubbish...according to the road safety people who gave me the lecture it's actually 6 months.

End of the day you got flashed. If you get nothing from it then learn your lesson and don't speed again.
    If you do get something through don't be all girly and throw a tantrum about appealing...just take the hit and learn from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast