Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muppet crashes Punto

Yeah, mea culpa.

I'm a biker myself, so I know how it is from the other side.

Anyway, in brighter news, I have my car back! Got the train to Nottingham and picked it up yesterday. Apart from the damage to the wing and bumper (and that's a big 'apart'!) it now seems fine. It now has second-hand suspension strut and hub, and wheel too. Andthe steering and suspension seem fine as far as I can see.
    Lasrt week of work this week, so at the weekend (weather permitting) I'll have a good look at it and decide exacrtly what I need. Then I can look into getting it fixed up at my leisure. Off the top of my head it's a black offside front wing, a black bumper, and a complete offside headlight unit. Not sure about the cross-member across the front of the car; I know it was bent, but can't remember exactly what the set-up was there.

Still, it's good to get it back. And to say goodbye to the fortune I've spent on trains and taxis!

Well I'm pleased to say the car is pretty well fixed up now. I sourced a bumper, headlight, wing and inner wing OK, and a local bodyshop did the rest (plus whatever bracketry etc was needed). Now I have my wipers working, having got a motor unit from a poster here, and I'm all good to go!

Thinking back to that dark day in Nottingham, I really didn't think it'd be going anywhere other than a scrapyard.
    Last edited by moto748; 29th January 2010 at 20:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12