Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1600mile trip to south of france (who says GTs are unreliable?)

Punto Lover

1600mile trip to south of france (who says GTs are unreliable?)

Just got back from our holiday in the south of France couple hours ago so thought i would upload few pics of the trip

there would of been allot more photos but some twit forgot to pick up a memory card for the camera so iphone it was!

anyway just under 1600miles it was before getting home at last! we left on friday night after work! yes after work! we made the trip down to the channel tunnel and got the train at 10:20. once in france it was my turn to take over at the wheel and start the long ass 12hour drive down south!
    few pics down m25

car was running sweet as a nut! once we hit the motorways the water temp was sitting at under a 1/4! and oil would never go over 60 no matter if i was cruising of giving it beans to the speed limit obviously! a couple hours in and something went bang and started making a loud banging noise so i pulled over to find the o/s indercator had popped out and had been banging on the wing! not happy! nice lil chip now!

so we set back off and all was good! it got to about 5 in the morning where we both just couldn't do anymore so we pulled into services and had a lil nap till sun came up. so 2hours later we set off again for the rest of the jornyey

at 11ish we arrvied at the house we was staying at to find it pissing down!

there a couple of pics of the car at the house and it stopped there for a couple days untill we set off to see what was around and found this

then a real one lol

once again the photos stopped as the phone just kept going dead but after a few days there we got bored and decided to head home but i just couldn't b bothered to do it all in one go so we did it in 3 days and stayyed over twice in hotels once on some service one and then disney! hey why not eh!?

it was going so well and so for some reason i decided to open my big moutn and say how well the car had done and once i gave it some beans up a hill

POP!

see whats wrong yet?

how about now?

yep the usaul! it blow a boost pipe so i pulled over and pushed it off the motorway. jacked the car up in the air and stuck it back on! i have no idea how the hell it came off the clip was so tight!

set back off after that and had no problems!

one last shot as it started to get dark

defo a must do! was great fun and i cant wait to get mine back on the road and plain a long trip again!

cheers

Punto know it all
    my boost pipe always comes off their as well lol

Punto Enthusiast
    Done us well

Ollie also left his mark on France...but we won't get into that! Lol

Ollie did you have to wear one of them flurasent councel workers jacket things? When in france?

Punto Lover
    i didn't no as i was rushing to get it going again but i had 2 in the car as i heard you had to when ever pulled over etc (broken down) police are very tight over there

I got told that when driving in france you have to wear one or the fuzz will pull you or at least have one on you, jermony clarkson told me lol.

Punto know it all
    south of france has some great roads! id love to do that trip

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegt1 View Post
    I got told that when driving in france you have to wear one or the fuzz will pull you or at least have one on you, jermony clarkson told me lol.
    lol you dont have to wear 1 but you have to have 1 in the car, for every person in the vehicle must have a flurescent jacket thingy

Punto know it all
    Awesome photo's especially finding what looks like an old derlict Fiat building.

I'd hate to chance my sporting on a 1600 mile round trip!

I've done well over 6000 miles around Europe in a short amount of time and had no major drama's apart from the corroded brake pipe, but that was fixed at the road side
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast