Thread: last few seb 4 bits

Punto Enthusiast

last few seb 4 bits

hi people need these last few bits gone so they are goin cheap!

i have a seb 4 gt3 with gt1 map? i dont know why was on the car when i got it! not sure what the advantages are of the gt1 map if any.

£70 posted

Also i have a OD garrett gt2560r which unfortunately has a bit of play in the shaft, which i wasnt expecting as it seemed spot on when it was on the car! im confident its got a few thousand miles left in it or i got quoted roughly £350 for a rebild so it could be an awesome turbo for cheap. cost almost £900 new

il take £70 posted if anyone is interested.

cheers

Thats debos old turbo off the blue car isn't it?

Adi

Punto Sports Club Member
    i believe it is

£70 posted for the turbo?

Punto Enthusiast
    I couldn't be bothered to write this out so I just copied it off the internet:

How much shaft play should my dual ball bearing turbo have?
    The Garrett full ball-bearing turbo is designed to have clearance between the bearing cartridge and center housing for hydrodynamic damping in addition to the internal clearances of the bearing cartridge itself. Hydrodynamic damping uses the incompressible properties of a liquid (oil in this case) and the space around the bearing cartridge to dampen the shaft motion of the rotating assembly. When the turbo is new, or has not operated for a long period of time allowing most of the oil to drain out, the rotating assembly will move more in the radial direction than a typical journal-bearing turbo because there is no oil in the center housing. This condition is normal. As long as the shaft wheel spins freely and the wheels don't contact their respective housings, the assembly will function properly.

Are you 100% sure that your turbo is broken??? You could be throwing money away?

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGT View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to write this out so I just copied it off the internet:

How much shaft play should my dual ball bearing turbo have?
    The Garrett full ball-bearing turbo is designed to have clearance between the bearing cartridge and center housing for hydrodynamic damping in addition to the internal clearances of the bearing cartridge itself. Hydrodynamic damping uses the incompressible properties of a liquid (oil in this case) and the space around the bearing cartridge to dampen the shaft motion of the rotating assembly. When the turbo is new, or has not operated for a long period of time allowing most of the oil to drain out, the rotating assembly will move more in the radial direction than a typical journal-bearing turbo because there is no oil in the center housing. This condition is normal. As long as the shaft wheel spins freely and the wheels don't contact their respective housings, the assembly will function properly.

Are you 100% sure that your turbo is broken??? You could be throwing money away?
    oh i see! might have to reconsider haha.maybe get it checked before i go further! thanks for the info buddy

Punto Sports Club Member
    JohnGT has shafted someone out of a bargain there. fair play for being honest though.

Punto Enthusiast
    Sorry Ryanjafc for being a d**k, it still may be broken so don't give up the negotiations just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGT View Post
    Sorry Ryanjafc for being a d**k, it still may be broken so don't give up the negotiations just yet!
    Actually i was meant to pay for it yesturday and now hes said he doesnt know so thanks, though i was buying it as a broken turbo for future use.

Punto Enthusiast
    gutted i was interested aswell, lol