Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punto Inxx Bonnet Lifters.

Punto know it all

Punto Inxx Bonnet Lifters.

Question, they arrived but are missing some kind of pivot I guess, they are supposed to come with them right, where can I get spares because supernova's are being an a** and not replying to my emails or phone calls.

Punto Lover
    Ive got the Inxx bonnet lifters, they should come with 4. 1 at each end of the lifters. Cant u go to some sort of DIY shop, homebase or even halfords and try match 1 up.

Hate companys that ignore u like that, id be pissed mate!

Punto know it all
    Yeah I am really annoyed, I bought these back ages ago, the packaging was just the actual inxx box taped up, and unfortunately damaged at one end. They did email back once saying they'd sort it out from suppliers in China or something and it would take 4 weeks, it's been months now, and I am getting really irate, I said I'd report them to trading standards but they said they have CCTV proof of sending them out.

Thing is it's going to be a nightmare to find chrome ones, same thread and size don't you think. I know for a fact halfords only sell the washers because I work there.

I'll try B&Q at some point.

Punto Lover
    Unlucky mate mine were perfect...

Did you buy them direct or via the ebay shop?

Punto know it all
    Via the eBay shop, yet I haven't put a claim in PayPal because now I think it's too late, as Supernova's were already telling me they'd get the replacement bolts.

Punto Lover
    Thats a bitch that is! I dont know if you have heard of slough trading estate but theres a shop there that does literally every single bolt, nut, washer, screw etc you could think of. If i can find the place as last time i went there was years ago i could try sort sumit out if you cant get them sent to you!

random thought...

search a scrapyard, not for your inxx ones but other cars, vectras volvos have bonnet raisers like that as standard, try that wont be chrome tho, but at least u mite be able to fit them!!!

just a thought tho!!!

Ash

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben.6 16v View Post
    Thats a bitch that is! I dont know if you have heard of slough trading estate but theres a shop there that does literally every single bolt, nut, washer, screw etc you could think of. If i can find the place as last time i went there was years ago i could try sort sumit out if you cant get them sent to you!

Haven't heard of that, if you could get me one matched up that would be fantastic, because I'm now left really annoyed with two useless bonnet lifters.
    Are you sure they do "everything".

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by puntoboyash View Post
    random thought...

search a scrapyard, not for your inxx ones but other cars, vectras volvos have bonnet raisers like that as standard, try that wont be chrome tho, but at least u mite be able to fit them!!!

just a thought tho!!!

Ash
    That's an idea, but the whole idea is to have it all matching.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VII CKS View Post
    Via the eBay shop, yet I haven't put a claim in PayPal because now I think it's too late, as Supernova's were already telling me they'd get the replacement bolts.
    Get a mate to buy another set from the same folks on Ebay (so that they dont connect you & the already f**ked set to any of this & dont pay using your PayPal account ) then when the new ones arrive, send your old ones back & open a PayPal dispute as "Item significantly not as described" and say that you have then bought another set somewhere else as you needed them urgently & couldnt wait for a replacement to be sent to you, thus dont need a replacement from them & get your money back for the second set you've bought.

FYI - check & make sure they accept returns first before you get someone to buy a second set

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast