Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first punto =D

Punto Enthusiast

Talking Bought my first punto =D

Just liked to say im now a proud owner of a punto! Also wanted a few ideas from you guys.....something euro but diffrent? Any help will be greatly appreciated, bass addict

Punto Enthusiast
    Hello!!!

12:15 is a bit late to start a thread. Someone must be happy!!!

Ermm if you want to stay suttle and euro. Drop the car by 60mm i'll say and get some deep dish rims "BBS"? Nice exhaust, not upswept!! Clear side repeators and indocators. Sorted!!

Post some pics.. Be very nice to see what you own inc milage, owners etc..

Punto Enthusiast
    Yeh dont tend to sleep much these days I'll put up some pictures after its had abit of paint Wont 60mm be abit too much? Also have you seen those weller rims? Was thinking of getting a set of them. Bass addict

Punto know it all
    Welcome.

If you really want a euro look you need to go as low as you can, on springs this is 60mm and is possible, people have done it, usually on smaller rim sizes such as 15'', I agree, get some BBS style alloys or deep dish ones, some people have steelies and refurb them. You need to go for the smoothest look possible so remove bump strips, smooth them out, and colour code everything that isn't already.

Don't forget photo's and to start a project thread.

Punto Enthusiast
    I think 60mm will be ok with 15ins with low profiles tyres, just dont carry overweight people. "lol" I was going to go 60mm with 15ins or 14ins with low profiles. But intialy up to you buddie! What colour is the car? Are you getting it a re-spray or a blow over? Do the prep yourself and when it comes to the spary job it will cost next to nothing not even half. Well it doesn't cost much here.

Punto Enthusiast
    I'll look into a set of the bbs alloys, hopefully at trade prices Ive already arranged to colour code everything with work. Do i need to roll the arches if i lower it 60mm? I'll upload some pictures soon, its just a right dog at the moment lol Also i saw that someone was selling a widemouth mk1 bumper on here but i cant message him yet.....can anyone ask him how much he wants for it? Cheers guys, bass addict

Punto Sports Club Member cinquepunto's Avatar
    price will be in the thread.

lowering 60mm won't need the arches rolling on standard wheels, but if you want euro stance then it's more likely.

60mm may sound a lot, but again, for euro stance you'll probably need a bit extra (80+mm) and on a 60s, a bit more for good measure
    CinquePunto - Five Point Photography
    Like a bulldog eating mayonnaise!...

Welsh Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by cinquepunto View Post
    price will be in the thread.

lowering 60mm won't need the arches rolling on standard wheels, but if you want euro stance then it's more likely.

60mm may sound a lot, but again, for euro stance you'll probably need a bit extra (80+mm) and on a 60s, a bit more for good measure
    Agreed, 60mm is fine for the back but you need more for the front im not entirely happy with the gap between the arch and tyres on mine, theres been a few cheap sets of coilovers on here recently dont know if they all sold.

Punto Enthusiast
    If you really are going down the euro/cleaned route, you will need to go down more than 60mm. No one makes a set of springs lower than that, so you'll either need coilovers, or get some custom springs done to go lower.

Be very careful with the width of the wheels. The rear arches are tight, my wheels are only 7.5" wide, and there is less than a 1/2 inch of clearance either side of the wheel.

I'm interested to see how this one's gonna turn out

Punto Enthusiast
    Great advice guys I'll look into the whole lowering thing and ask a few people at work etc etc. Is there a 'euro look' bodykit or will i have to work with the standard bumpers? Also i have a pair of bucket seats, will i be able to fit them straight onto the standard subframes or do i have to buy a new set? Thanks again for all the advice! bass addict

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast