Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks like it's bye bye o2.

Welsh Events Organiser
    n96 is shite and slow, the n95 8gb was a much better phone. the N97 isnt slow at all, just seems a bit unstable at the moment. my N95 8gb was like that when i first got it a few weeks after it was released, but was soon sorted out and was fine after.

Punto know it all
    I'm coming off o2 after being with them for the past 5 years. Can't remember the last time I had a decent signal. I got offered a crappy upgrade last time and had to go for 18 months instead of 12.

I'm looking at the BB storm. Looks proper bo from what I've been reading.

Punto know it all
    Im happy as larry with o2. I got my 3g 8gb iphone for free last aug, on the £45 contracvt, but i get 30% retailler discount, and halfway through tthe contract i was allowed to drop to the £35 tarrif, and still with the 30% discount

Punto Lover
    im happy with 02 always have been but i do find them a butch of tight fookers!

i pay something like £35 a mth on the iphone and thats 600mins and unlimited txts.

Punto know it all
    If you get the N96 use nemesis service suite to debrand it, then use the nokia firmware updater and it runs a lot better as you get the latest nokia firmware release, not a 3 month old one your network provider has crammed full of useless crap

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy View Post
    Rumour has it that Apple are going to be offering the iPhone on other networks soon as well.
    i read that o2 will keep exclusivity of the iPhone 3Gs though.

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    If you get the N96 use nemesis service suite to debrand it, then use the nokia firmware updater and it runs a lot better as you get the latest nokia firmware release, not a 3 month old one your network provider has crammed full of useless crap
    how does that affect warrenty?

Punto Lover
    if you change the product code, in which you have to do to de-brand, it voids the warrenty on the phone. If the phone breaks and you have to take it to nokia for reapir and they dont notice that the product code has changed, you may be ok. Alot of people say if you change your product code back when you've updated then they cant tell. But ive been informed when you update using Nokia updater the phone data is recorded on the update log server and they can see that youve changed your product code that way.

I de branded my N96 and it bricked it, i done no differnt to what i used to do on my n95, and all i wanted to do was update to version 20 on the n96 but now all i get is "phone startup failed contact retailer". Ive tried fixing it in Pheniox software using Dead flash mode but it just does the same over and over.

It's not something i wouldent recommend doing as when i did it on the n95 it worked a dream, just i was unlucky on this occasion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123