Thread: Superb mk1 Abarth Sporting

Punto Enthusiast

Superb mk1 Abarth Sporting

After 10yrs, time to free up the garage for another toy.

Virtually mint 130k mile Broom Yellow Abarth Sporting, GT3 alloys, full MOT, 6mth tax, recent oil service, lots of new parts. Car has been virtually unused for 2 years, thereby done little mileage since all the main work was done. I dont use it anymore since the Laguna Estate came onto the scene.

Firstly, the pictures have been taken on a fairly crap day and they don’t do the paint justice as to how bright it is.

lots more pictures available, all wheels / tyres / angles / faults / interior etc. let me know.

Good bits
    You all know about the mk1 16v Sporting, and you’ll be able to tell that this car is virtually factory standard, with almost every extra being OEM, such as;
    • Genuine 5pc Zender Abarth bodykit (worth over £1000, excl paint, as you know).
    • Standard Fiat exhaust with Abarth tip.
    • 14” Anthracite alloys from the later GT turbo models and dummy GT turbo washerjets fitted to front bumper.
    • Abarth badging on Bonnet and bootlid, in addition to skirts.
    • Genuine original Philips 710 stereo remains as well as under seat 6disc changer.
    • GT1 electric mirrors and GT1 control panel fitted – but not wired in yet (have to adjust by hand).

The only aftermarket, non-fiat mod is clear side repeaters

I'm the only private owner, was a lease car (driven by me) prior to me buying in 1999.

Bad bits
    • Car has high-ish mileage, but has had thousands spent on it, and also proves its reliability. At least everything has been kept ran, serviced and maintained. (rather than a 20’ker that’s been sat).
    • Slight blow on exhaust, NOW SORTED, WAS CORRODED FLEXI - NEW £70 PART.
    • When I photo’d it this morning, I’ve simply connected the battery, taken it out of the garage and driven it to a neutral location. I have not cleaned it or valeted it. If this car is detailed then it would be almost showroom fresh.
    • Small o/s scratch under the fuel filler,
    • Small impression on the near side rear corner.
    • Some superficial marks on car if you look really really closely (hairline scratching / swirls / chips etc).
    • 2nd gear sometimes crunches when thrashing between 1st and 2nd. (ie, changing from 1st to 2nd at 5500rpm upwards can be a bit notchy. Has always done this since I’ve bought it and doesn't have any problem if driven "normally").

Basically, I’m looking to sell as I want the space for something else. As before, it has a full MOT, 6 months tax, recent oil service and a cam / clutch job done “about” 3/4 yrs ago. I’ve just had a new sump fitted. All tyres are good, branded Pirellis, and there’s no issues with the brakes (which are standard discs / drums combo).

Good little car really - cheap to run, insure and looks stunning. Continuing on the "when will Sportings / GTs become classics" thread, here's not a bad standard car to love and cherish....

Infact, if you forget the 16v badges, bumpstrip badges, boot badge, seat patterns and steering wheel - and do a rear disc conversion - then this would be a true Abarth’d GT replica, though with an insurance friendly 1242 lump show without the go...

Although old / high miler, it has genuine abarth kit and is in exceptional condition. I'm looking for offers around £1200 - try me.

EDITED - NEW EXHAUST PARTS FITTED TODAY 16/7

Punto Enthusiast
    Car now sold via puntosports!