Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Punto Legends

Punto Legends

I have been thinking, as a member that has been around since 2003, I've seen alot of Punto's come and go. Some more popular than others, some even achieving legend and iconic status' - but what makes these Punto's so popular?

The trend seems to be that all of these great Punto's have infact been subject to some catastrophic failures over the years.

Klaxon - arguably the most popular of all Punto's, to the point where it has almost become a myth. The 'curse of Klaxon' lives on, even today, years after the car failed in epic style - every black Punto gets compared against it, and many black Punto's break in similar fashion.

The Mint, never really achieved much, other than being a nice looking Punto. The Xploit, famous for breaking, and Dan's constant fettling.

GTste's Rialto car - another famed for being a mechanical nightmare.

Debo's GT (my car) - broke 200hp in a time where 190 was common place, hardly spectacular in the current era. 2 engine blow ups over a 5 year period. Currently off the road for over 18 months

PSXprince's show GT - the guy spent a monsterous amount of money on it, to sell out in rather swift fashion, and then it dropped off the face of the earth, only to resurface earlier this year after some distasteful mods and the 'trick heat paint' missing..

Puntoboy's GT - high profile because he's the site owner, but another GT marred by mechanical failure, and spends more time off the road than on it.

Perfect Touch Punto - claimed 270hp when 240 was thought the highest on the site from a 1400 engine. Went Pod once, set times comparable to a 210hp GT. Now apparently being broken and sold for spares.

I'm sure there's more out there, these are some of the highlights from the past few years - but why is it these cars are the most talked about?! What makes them stand out from the crowd?

Discuss.

Matt.

I thought the Xploit looked nice too

Think mine were popular just because i was in-depth with my efforts aswell as thorough, showing alot of what was going off etc etc.

The Xploit was always meant to have the power, but even with NOS it was never as fast as it should of been

The Mint was just meant to be a stop gap and ended up with all the power and quite reliable

i would say dan motty's silver conversion

once the turbo conversion was done i thought it was one of the best all rounders. until he stacked it

i wish i knew, i just love em, cant say why as i dont know, mine first time round could never make the power it was supposed to, now with diffrent turbo and injectors it seems to run a rather reliable 220.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Punto know it all
    I've not been around too long but in my eyes there only seems to be two Punto Legends.

Klaxon & Gregs 2L aka "Cunto"

And whats happened to that one? ^

Punto Lover
    sad to see mine not on that list :P

I was very very tempted to buy the mint off you dan at one point, but like most other i wil lown another gt, hopefulyl make it faster and better than the last

Quote Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
    I've not been around too long but in my eyes there only seems to be two Punto Legends.

Klaxon & Gregs 2L aka "Cunto"

Yes, there's the 2.0ltr aswell, though that was originally in the Klaxon shell - bet you didn't know that? It was a reincarnation, that also failed. The "self built" (read, 'self fitted') 2.0 broke twice, in two seperate shells.

Another I forgot was UpYourRinger's 1515cc T3 Punto, which was also popular at the time - a car that, in my opinion, has the worst track record for reliability known on this site! There wasn't a week that went by without something going wrong on it.

So, why are these 7 or 8 cars so popular?? I'm trying to get to the root of why..

Punto Sports Club Member
    Good question as to why?

Maybe because alot of them broke new ground for performance/style. Well thats why i think anyway.

Not because of their reliability.

Why do you think Matt? You always have an opinion.

Most of the stuff on the cunto were parts from klaxon i believe.

well dans 2 i think is like he said, well decumented project threads
    yours? well popular in your eyes
    up your ringers was a break from the norm and altho unreliable it kept me interested
    klaxon was early for its time imo and the legand has lived on
    the perfect touch isnt really a legend on here it just pops up in conversation
    gregs 2l in both shells was a legend i think again due to it being diffrent
    mike and heathers was another great for me as was bigblue before amy got it.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast