Thread: 226hp Mint GT - prospective sale

226hp Mint GT - prospective sale

Looking to sell the Mint GT upon return to the U of K in 3weeks thereafter if i put things into motion.

1998 GT3 in Mint/Turquoise/metalic green.

Will not include Lancia Dedra wheels, i will tyre up the like new Compomotive MO5s.

226hp, 200ibft missile of a hatchback...

81k miles, the car is used part motorway cruiser and for rapid arrival from A to B.

Starts perfect everytime, idles perfect everytime, has never stalled in my ownership. Car laps up speed and abuse, I'll not say i drive like a mincer and it only does the weekly shop... I tend to drive at Mach10 where poss and the car takes it in its stride.

Spec:
    Stock and original 1372cc 8valve SOHC Fiat engine.
    GT2554R roller bearing turbo from ATPturbo (6-7k miles young)
    DR EVIL 2.5inch elbow, downpipe and flexi narrowed to 2.25inch decat.
    straight through Mongoose mid-pipe, Mongoose catback.

50mm Stainless steel lower boost pipes
    THS-001 intercooler
    60mm aluminium upper boost piping
    70mm aluminum intake piping
    quikshift stainless steel air filter
    red Collins dump valve

Seb4 chip, new in Jan.
    FSE fuel regulator
    250cc injectors
    255litre-per-hour Walboro fuel pump
    BCPR6ETs
    Magnecor HT leads

Oil and filter change done every few months aswell as coolant...

Rebuilt cylinder head in Feb/march by MEC of Notts, like brand new with fresh valves, exhaust guides and stem seals.

Was put back together with all new top end gaskets, camshaft was in brilliant condition, ran perfect ever since (timing belt slip reason for rebuild)

40mm aluminum radiator with silicone coolant hoses, new thermostat, CTS and rad fan sensors.

Battery new in Novemeber, relocated to the boot with 0AWG cable, sits on a battery mat.

Black catch tank

Sits on Spax RSX front coilovers with an EIbach front anti roll bar

The rear beam is currently all standard stuff to my knowledge and rebuilding it was a priority before my road trip which includes new radius arms, mounting buschs, replacement beam, spax rear springs and adjustabel shock absorbers, eibach rear anti roll bar and new discs and pads, if this isnt done by time of sale its all obviously included.

Wilwood 300mm front brake setup with red anodised aluminium bells and wilwood rotors. EBC Redstuff pads - Brilliant stoppers, really can choke yourself unconscious if you gt lairy.

Bodywork in fare condition. Bad points include a 'rusty bumhole' as dubbed by my mates. Is something that was on the agenda this summer now the weathers dry but looking to sell as is, to elabourate the boot lock has had paint flicked off in the distant past and the area around the boot lock has bubbled, paint has also somehow been flicked off around the rear window motor.

Minor ding on the offside rear arch by the previosu owner, nothing massive but a blemish worth mentioning.

Front nearside of bump has a 3inch scuff i did when trapped by two HGVs in a service station, paid for my haste

Rest of bodywork includes the usual for age road related wear and tear although no scratches i can think of from memory.

Bodywork is not my forte but overall the car is in far better condition then most GTs.

Underfloor in sound condition to my knowledge, was sound at last MOT in October so doubtful a huge ravine has ruptured in the floor since, especially given it was undersealed over winter. Welcome to bring a trolley jack and have a goose yourself of course.

Morettes colour coded to body work.

8000k HIDs fitted to dipped beam

White LED fitted to sidelights

Seat Ibiza splitter, is cracked but brand new splitter included.

Interior in brill condition, GT3 seats with GT3 doorcards

includes Abarth floor mats

Apexi AVC-R solenoid boost controller included and i'll throw in my settings free!

Innovate LC-1 and XD-16 wideband lambda and controller for in car monitoring of exhaut emmisions and what the engine is up to.

ProSport stepper motor driven gauges in custom centre vent gauge holder
    Boost
    Oil Pressure
    Oil temperature - all only weeks old and fanny tastic.

Nomad pillar gauge holder, includes Autogauge Volt Meter and the XD-16 wideband gauge.

Just put a manual rad fan overide in today, works bob on.

HU etc undecided on keeping or not yet...

new window wipers last week (lol)

Ive only owned the car since October lastyear, i bought it broken and in need of fixing and MOT which i have done to the highest possible degree i can.

I spare no money with this car, which is 3parts the reason for putting it up for sale. I cant keep spending on it like i do. The car bar the timing belt incident has been near bullet proof for me and its because im out every weekend fiddling and what not that it is.

The car at the moment currently runs Hankook RS-2s on the back and Advan A048 track tyres on the front and it really can cling on through the bends which i'll be happy to demonstate on the local B-roads. Test pilots welcome if insurance covered with documentation to prove.

I will not sell this car to anybody who will instantly undo all my hardwork and effort

Im not looking to break the car as i know first hand how much of a ball ache it is trying to sell everything, i have enough stuff stockpiled as it is without another GT to add to it, hence the price...

Asking £4,200, Negotiable to an extenet... Ccan also negotiate at further cost the inclusion of new Quaife ATB-LSD.

Is alot in one chunk but will include plenty of near new performance parts aswell as brand new wheels, brand new tyres (probably RS-2s all round) and if not-the parts for a new rear beam.

Car located at NG5 which is Nottingham near to J25, 26, 27 and 28 of the M1 aswell as 30minutes from the A1-great north road.

Please look through the Mint GT project thread for extensive recent history. linked here... http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=96824 Here are included pics, details and dyno sheets for the car.

Had over a dozen requests for a 'heads up' for come forsale time, so here it is. Looking to sell come end of this month.

Think thats it...

pics.

Just remembered

Genuine Abarth spoiler fitted.

In retrospect I will consider breaking it up once im back from Europe.

I can tot up a fare amount before i even get to the gizmos, wheels, or engine aswell as the usual GT stuff like skirts, wing mirrors etc etc etc.

If no serious offers arrise within 3-4weeks then this car will be broken up on the basis it saves me spending to sell it aswell as been able to keep some things for the Xploit.

If you know anyone intrested then point them this way.

Thanks

**** it, decided to break it up for part of its value in the short term as seen what i want next and poised to snap some poor blokes arm off for it once im back from my travels.