Thread: looking for a new challenge

Punto Lover

looking for a new challenge

havnt really said much on here since i broke the gt conversion i acomplished 2 years or so ago, but ive never really left the punto scene as me and my mate have a gt2 with a knackered shell at seb4 stage bar the pump and power boost valve fitted.

we have to transfer to a new shell as its rotted and could benefit from a respray due to the classic midnight blue roof fading, so my question is does anyone know anything with the punto gt engine in a cinq or seicento? had a bit of a search and fancy a challenge as ive already done a gt conversion and i want summit different to do.

ive also had a look at fiat forum and found a few interesting threads but none i can find that have been completed, so anyone with some helpful info would be appreciated.

I was going to have a bash at a GT engine into a Cinq but no time or space for a 3rd project, i think its doable, and even standard power-torque would be stupidly quick in a Cinq as they bob down to about 750kilo as it is. Maybe in the future.

I think there are issues with the height of the GT engine in a cinq, have a read up on FF.
    Punto Gt no more!

Punto know it all
    been done already dan i was going to buy the turbo'd seicento before i got the gt

Punto Lover
    well there are quite a few with the stilo or punto 1.4 16v and i also saw one with a 6speed box in it at ace cafe, so i think getting the engine in shudnt be a problem, only issues i can see is rear brakes, mounts and possibly gear linkage as the cinqs are cable as supposed to rods, but shudnt be major.

i think i need to go look at a cinq first to really make my mind up and the fact that theres a fiat breakers in wickford 20mins from me means theres no excuse to not look at one al stripped down etc.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I was going to have a bash at a GT engine into a Cinq but no time or space for a 3rd project, i think its doable, and even standard power-torque would be stupidly quick in a Cinq as they bob down to about 750kilo as it is. Maybe in the future.
    with regards to the power i dont think were gonna go stupid with it if we do it, like you said with a diet in hand it will be light as fooooook and with too much power cud result in not leaving the start line at pod....lol