Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compomotive TH2, 98pcd - as rare as hens teeth

Compomotive TH2, 98pcd - as rare as hens teeth

I dont want to sell these i'd gladly keep them till the end of time in the hope of one day using them but could do with the room and a little less air ache from the rents about them...

15inchs with a 98pcd, cant remember the offset but its pretty substaintial, plenty big enough for GT front brakes.

Compomotive probably made a few dozen sets in Fiat-Lancia-Alfa 98pcd so you're unlikely to stumble on some again. FWIW, new THs in common as filth ford fitments are ITRO £900, even on ebay.

Im only selling because of their strong construction they wont fit over big brakes which i have on both my cars so i have no current use for them.

when i bought them...

unsure what the coating is but it is intense! I took two wheels to a place and asked them to blast them, they made a bit of a mess of them, but nothing terminal, with patience they can be sorted as you can see below.

you can see in the middle where my modest home brew sand blaster has smoothed the surface.

the two still in a coating look like this

No wanting to part with them so im asking what may seem a tall price but its quite realstic IMO. Round here you can get wheels refurbed and powder coated for £20-25 a wheel. slammed on a GT with a small bit of stretch these would look PHAT.

£220 picked up, will post at cost.

If they dont sell, **** my parents i'll keep them

Punto Sports Club Member
    Stunning wheels!!!!!

Punto Lover
    any pics of them fitted?

you may or may not of noticed there are no tyres fitted... so eeeer no!

Have to use your imagination here kids. My mate refurbed some TH2s for his old Saxo i shall post a pic later to give you an idea...

Punto know it all
    do hens have teeth?

Thats the point of the saying i believe Rick, the same way pigs dont fly and rocking horses dont poo

Punto know it all
    If you thought hen's teeth were the rarest thing in nature, think again: researchers from Britain and the US have succeeded in growing teeth in a chicken.

Far from being rarer than students who turn up at 9am lectures or lecturers who like giving them, a hen with teeth does occur naturally, scientists based at the universities of Manchester and Wisconsin have found.

And by studying that mutant chicken - which is too weak to hatch, explaining its rarity - the team has been able to stimulate "natural" tooth growth in chickens.

The mutant chicken harks back to toothier days: the ancestors of today's birds lost their teeth about 80 million years ago, but not the ability to grow them.

Dr Matthew Harris, the lead researcher from Wisconsin, told how scientists were able to isolate the usually latent genetic "pathway" that leads to tooth growth - and create the "initiations of early teeth".

"We turned on a gene that is involved with the earliest steps of making organs from the skin, like hairs and glands and teeth.

"We turned on this gene in the oral cavity and saw that the underlying tissue was able to respond to the signal."

The work is a breakthrough, says Dr Harris, because for the first time, the teeth created in the chicken are natural rather than imported from another animal.

"We've put bits of mice into chicken and got a mouse tooth," he says. "The big deal is that we didn't do anything to this chicken. It was a naturally occurring mutant."

Professor Mark Ferguson, a member of the team at the University of Manchester, says the research on reactivation of dormant genetic pathways could ultimately help treat sufferers of scarring, where tissue regeneration is needed.

As for whether the research could be used to regrow human teeth, Professor Ferguson says that is "wild speculation" - in other words, about as likely as hen's teeth.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    you may or may not of noticed there are no tyres fitted... so eeeer no!

Have to use your imagination here kids. My mate refurbed some TH2s for his old Saxo i shall post a pic later to give you an idea...

lol fair enough, thought youy may have had them fitted in the past though?

effing LOL!

So Hens with Teeth are either still born mutants = Fail or petri dish lab experiemtns = Fail

Got anything on flying pigs Ricardo? Get some more views for this topic

Quote Originally Posted by silent_thunder89 View Post
    lol fair enough, thought youy may have had them fitted in the past though?
    No mate, never had the chance as had other wheels in the way.

If they sell this week i'll throw in a pair of barely legal Eagle F1s to slap on them, otherwise they're goign to Kwik fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast