Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: integra type r's

Punto know it all
    Dont clios run variable timing though which kicks in at around 5.5k?

Midland Events Organiser
    5k But its not like there aint no power before then like the GT.

The Evo will go round corners better, get out of them better, and is overall quicker. You can't really compare the two cars, as they're entirely different... 2.0 4wd turbo and 1.8 2wd n/a vtec.

The bonus of making this switch for you, is that you'll save ££'s on petrol, as the economy of the VTEC is natually better (30+mpg), and the maintenance costs will be much less. Those are really the only advantages I can see.

If you got bored, you could always turbo the Teg - you'll get the same power as your Evo just from a bolt on kit, and the mitsushibar will become a distant memory (and I'm not just talking about going backwards in your rear view mirror). You'd drop an FQ340 like a bad habit with a 300hp VTEC .
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo
    The Evo will go round corners better, get out of them better, and is overall quicker. You can't really compare the two cars, as they're entirely different... 2.0 4wd turbo and 1.8 2wd n/a vtec.

The bonus of making this switch for you, is that you'll save ££'s on petrol, as the economy of the VTEC is natually better (30+mpg), and the maintenance costs will be much less. Those are really the only advantages I can see.

If you got bored, you could always turbo the Teg - you'll get the same power as your Evo just from a bolt on kit, and the mitsushibar will become a distant memory (and I'm not just talking about going backwards in your rear view mirror). You'd drop an FQ340 like a bad habit with a 300hp VTEC .
    your completedly right, cant compare the 2. i guess it is down to what i want at the end of the day.

wouldnt want to own a fwd with that amount of power again...well not just yet...

i know this evo is mint, it failed on bald tires on mot and thats it, no advisories nothing so i think i will play it safe at the moment.

thanks for the input guys.

Punto Enthusiast
    do it dude, you wont regret it, but go for the 98spec if you can!

get your self on www.itr-dc2.com

i am on there, and all the guys are really helpfull!!

Punto Enthusiast
    The Honda you can thrash all day every day and it'll love you for it, my brother had one, then sold it when he learned that with the Type R Honda were so obsessed with weight that they didn't bother with any body sealant. Checked under car and sure enough it was right ans stones had made scratches over the years and rust was showing.

Other than that, mean cars to drive for a 1.8 NA

thats because he didnt get it under sealed, no cars from japan are under sealed, not just hondas, as they dont need it as they dont use the salt on the road over there. thats the reason when ever you buy an import you should get it under sealed!

you learn something new everyday.

No car, not even Hondas are trouble free thrashing/motoring, silly claim.

Punto Lover
    Do it, turbo it, drive it like you hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    you learn something new everyday.

No car, not even Hondas are trouble free thrashing/motoring, silly claim.
    Where is your proof of this? It's not really a silly claim when it's a known fact that not a single VTEC unit has ever failed, and we all know what they do and what they rev to. The only reason you may have ever seen a Honda with a blown engine, is because they have been starved of oil. No car on gods earth can survive without the oil being topped up. Collectively, me and Wild Bill have racked up over 50,000 miles in VTEC Honda's (K20a and B16a) and neither of us have had any problems, despite both cars regularly seeing 8200rpm+

Japanese cars can be thrashed and still be trouble free. Some more than others. Honda's are particularly reliable, as are Toyota's.

I wont go on, because I'm frustrating many of the "vtecnophobes" on here. After today, I will no longer mention the 'H' word to keep you FIAT lads happy.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast