Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New car needed

Tom20v
    It was my first rwd car and i modded it from standard to 290bhp. The rear end likes to come out in the wet but only if you boot it. As for the dry its fine. You've just got to be progressive with the accelerator if booting it in a corner but thats it. You feel it start to go before it does. Its the mr2's that are snappy and just go.

Why do you think they use them as drift cars? Its because the rear end is so controlable.

I wasnt going to get one on as i was worried. NOw i've had one i can wait for another...

Punto Lover
    Had an MR2 and yup they snap! lol

had a s13 200 sx, but my mate has an s14 and once you spend abit of cash there very nice cars, nice leather too

Tom20v
    I bet you found the rear end on the sx's is nothing like the mr2? I did...lol

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mawbster
    the pugs have brembos up front as well dont they?
    Only on the v6 ones i think

Quote Originally Posted by Tom20v
    It was my first rwd car and i modded it from standard to 290bhp. The rear end likes to come out in the wet but only if you boot it. As for the dry its fine. You've just got to be progressive with the accelerator if booting it in a corner but thats it. You feel it start to go before it does. Its the mr2's that are snappy and just go.

Why do you think they use them as drift cars? Its because the rear end is so controlable.

I wasnt going to get one on as i was worried. NOw i've had one i can wait for another...

Thanks for that, cos that was my major worry about them, and having read a lot of the owners reviews on parkers alot of people said they were tail happy they didnt explain that if your smooth with accelerator it wont happen
    Last edited by M80KEE; 26th June 2007 at 12:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tom20v
    Well i was 20 when i got it and it was my first rwd. Statistically i was probably down to crash it in a week. I had almost 2 years without one problem. Trust me theyre fine.

Don't buy French, don't buy Vauxhall and don't buy an Impreza. Other than that and you should be OK.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    dont get a scooby. they are nice cars but way to common and the chavy reputation you get with them lol. imo get a 200, im seriously thinking of getting one after the pulsar. u say ur worried about th back end coming out, but thats a good thing right as tom said as long as you drive sensibly in the right weather conditions your be fine. also as tom said parts are very cheap and tuning parts will prob be the cheapest out of any other jap car. £1000 will get you a stage 1 setup (around 300bhp).

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom20v
    I bet you found the rear end on the sx's is nothing like the mr2? I did...lol
    200sx was fun and felt (safe) the MR2 was too scary to boot so no fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12