Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so the pain starts....

Punto Lover

And so the pain starts....

Well.............. It started tonight my hunt for a decent GT

First off a 1999 on Ebay, 6 miles away £2200 ono 60 thou miles, your thinking to good to be true right lol well yes it was

Sum it up

He said Uni forces sale in the ad, i get there he says he works in town and dont drive it
    Needs new bonnet
    Missing a side skirt
    Gangster windows.........well it was in Stretham lol
    Went for test drive, he drove it and said he don’t rag it.......well he did when i was in it! feared for my life lol
    Hes only had it since February which put me off
    Alarm was extra, not stated in ad
    no stereo included that was extra too
    Mods were bleed valve, pipercross induction, rusty strut brace, turbo timer (disconnected)
    rear tow bar cover missing

And on and on, i admit some of the above could be fixed cheapish but i just didnt trust him why say Uni forces sale when you work in London......

Apparently some bloke from Scotland wants to fly down to view it, if your reading this think again if you want a mint one its far from it!

Anyway onwards and upwards lol

Gwedo

Mediapixel Ltd
    hpi check could of given you more info,but nothing beats viewing a car.

such a shame mate, good luck on your quest for a well looked after gt

Punto know it all
    tow bar on a gt...why

lol

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    He could have meant he was off to uni in September? But either way sounds like a car you wanna walk away from.

Midland Events Organiser
    i think he mite mean towing eye cover

Unfortunately that sounds like most of the Gts you see for sale.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    yeah sorry it was the towing eye cover, not a big problem.

Oh and it says in the ad, "excellent condition" how can a car with a busted bonnet and one side skity be excellent condition lol

to be fair thou engine was ok no smoke sounded ok, bit tappy but sounded like any gt ive heard lol

Punto Enthusiast
    lol that guy 4m scotland would have bein me lol. the guy never told me about the skirt n stuff when a foned him up and asked him about it. he then emailed me (must have bein when u said no 2 the car lol ). n told me what was wrong with it lol, glad a never bothered with it lol

Punto Enthusiast
    I went and see this car when it was up for sale previously in February for £2500.
    I done a hpi check before i went, it came back as the colour was originally grey but was changed one day after being registered (i presume it was registered wrongly by the dealer) but that was the only thing although the owner told me it had 3 previous owners but check came back as 6, he told me it had been kept in the family.

So went to look at it (in enfield) and came across the same problems as Gwedo had. (obviously the bloke hasnt bothered correcting anything since he brought it or its the same owner). The car seems to also have been re-sprayed at least once and theres a load of scratches on a rear window where they have used a sander and caught the window (why the need for a respray should be in good nick a T plate with only 60K on clock shouldnt it peeps?).

So seeing the problems i offered him £1800 to which he said he'd take £1900 (something got me a bit weary straight away as thats a big price drop considering it was priced at £2500) anyway agreed on it and just as i was gonna buy it my old man noticed on the drivers side rear arch a big paint run and it looked what looked like a big patch of filler, at which point we walked away with me money still in the sky rocket.

My gut feeling is that this car has been involved in a shunt but been repaired without being recorded. This bloke must have brought it with a blindfold on or another family member has now got the car.

So let the above be a warning for anyone gonna look at it or any other car!!!!!

One Lung

Punto Lover
    Blooming heck, yeah its not exsactly a nice example!

Quote Originally Posted by hammy11m
    lol that guy 4m scotland would have bein me lol. the guy never told me about the skirt n stuff when a foned him up and asked him about it. he then emailed me (must have bein when u said no 2 the car lol ). n told me what was wrong with it lol, glad a never bothered with it lol
    Small world lol
    Last edited by Gwedo; 20th May 2007 at 15:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast