Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Coupe 20v 2.0 Turbo

Punto Enthusiast

Fiat Coupe 20v 2.0 Turbo

Hi, just wondering what you guys think of these cars? E.g are they expensive to run, like petrol etc...

Also whats the leg room like in the back. Not to bothered about it really as I won't be sitting in the back, but I don't want my friends moaning every few minutes that theres not enough leg room, lol... (im 5'11" and all my male friends are the same height or taller then me, lol).

Your opinions would ge breatly appreciated!

Seafront Scum
    I like them, but they do eat a fair bit of petrol, I was shocked at the amount lee had to pay to get to brighton and back compared to me in my Gt and we were driving at the same pace and boost all the way.

As for leg, room im not sure but im 6"4 so nothing is good for me except a bentley.

Apart from that nice cars.

Edit i thinks lee's is a 16v so i would imagine petrol consumption is worse in the 20v

leg room isnt that bad tbh, i have been one of two 6ft tall lads in the back of one and leg room wasnt a major issue. i wouldnt like to be there for a long journey but for a couple of hours it was fine!

Punto Enthusiast
    That's alright then. Just the petrol bit im worried about. I put £25 in my Punto normally and get bout 210/220miles out of it. Any ideas wot the Coupe would be???

warrenwiseman
    i like these raced one in a scooby and it beat me

Punto Enthusiast
    16Vt is worse on fuel consumption than the 20VT. You'd see 300 miles out of £40 if you dont blast about the whole time.

Punto Enthusiast

20v turbo

I had one for almost two years the LE version, great car but a bit heavy one fuel front tyres are an issue aswell i was going through a set every 5K-7K, also cambelt and water pump change about 70K dont expect any change form 1500 beer tokens, but apart from that sexy fast fun

Punto Lover
    I've been looking at these too...and got a question...just how much better is the 20v to the 16v?

There is a lovely low mileage 16v very near me at a decent price, but I'm not sure wether to go for that or hold off for a good 20v!?!

Punto Enthusiast
    Dont expect anything more than 60 miles to your ten quid. Reliability not too bad, look out for suspension problems as theres a lot of power going through the front wheels. Other than that, a group 20 insurance and highest tax bracket.

p.s. the 16vTs are no better

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    the 16VT was expensive to run petrol wise but not as bad as i expected tbh i would imagine the 20VT will be a lot worse due to the extra cylinder.

Great comfy cars to drive imo a lot better in longer journeys though.
    XploitGT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast