Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: speeding

Punto know it all
    why do we always have arguements on here about speeding, simple fact is its wrong and you should do it but hey **** happens...

the boards that light up telling you your speed are the best, hummm drop the box and see what you can get

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    When you see the 40 sign on both sides someone has been killed. The more the sign is repeated the more accidents there have been.

I was under the impression a speed limit sign on both sides of the road is a change in speedlimits, and a single sign is just a reminder?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by CaL
    I was under the impression a speed limit sign on both sides of the road is a change in speedlimits, and a single sign is just a reminder?
    same here...

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by CaL
    same here, but also if they are going to do you in a 40 + this is one of the requirements, a repeat of the limit

but i could be wrong

Dancing Queenie
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGT
    same here, but also if they are going to do you in a 40 + this is one of the requirements, a repeat of the limit

but i could be wrong
    There has to be repeater signs on all roads with non-standard limits (an example of a non-standard limit; an unlit dual carriageway with a 60mph limit would need repeater signs to be placed at regular intervals as it would be legal to travel at 70mph without them). These limits can be defined without the use of signs with numbers on them. If a road is lit by street lamps and has no signs then it is 30mph unless otherwise stated. 60mph on single carriageway roads with national speed limit signs (a single carriageway can have more than just one lane in either direction, it is only classed as dual when a physical barrier is placed between the different directions of traffic). 70mph on dual carriageways with national speed limit signs. The exceptions are unsigned & unlit roads. I'm not sure about the limits on these. I would assume national speed limit unless otherwise stated, however, there are very few of these.

Punto Lover
    iv had my licence revocked about a year ago now for 2 speeding fines within my first 2 years but they were only about 7 or 8 miles over the limit. i hope u dont lose ur licence cause it does hurt as long as u have learnt from it. only took me about 2/3 months to regain my licence tho and my examiner said i was an excellent driver and its just a case of being unlucky cause everybody does it.

Back in my stupid days I was caught doing 138mph on the motorway.

Got 9 points and £400 fine, but no ban.

was caught again doing 105mph, got no points, 21 day ban and £150 fine.

I think i got off lightly under both circumstances, stopped me speeding i tell thee!

clean license now, thank god. and i still have my ncb

Punto Lover
    thats amazing thought it was an instant ban if u went over 100? did u contest it or anything or go to court?

your examiner lye!

Banned
    You commit the crime you do the time.

Simple as that really.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast