Thread: surround sound speaker help!!

soche

surround sound speaker help!!

Im trying to plumb our Cambridge Works satellite and woofer speaker set into our living room (to hook up my laptop and our DVD player ) but have a problem as it requires 2x stereo 3.5mm inputs - one for front speakers and one for rear speakers. As my laptop only has one 3.5mm output I can only get the front speakers working. The DVD audio output has 2 of those funny female phono connectors too which I have an adaptor for but once again it will only allow me to have sound coming out of the front speakers.

It sounds alright with 2 speakers but would be so much better if I could get the whole shebang working seeing as its available.

Any way round this??

I have an exernal soundcard but again its only got 1 output :-x

Punto Enthusiast

adaptor

I used to have an adaptor that you could put two headphone leads into. was only a couple of quid it might work.

Punto know it all
    You could but that would be faking surround sound, same sound out of all 4 speakers. I think you can get an external adpater [advertised as mp3 convertors, making old tapes in mp3s etc] that have 2 or 4 channel outputs, then just disable the oe soundcard.