Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i hopefully be back in punto land HOPEFULLY with an other sporting

Junglist, you're right, some people may look at it that way, but the car you drive doesn't make any difference to the claim.

Someone from here had a accident with same circumstances, went thru a claim with my Firm and won the case.

The outcome of the case, very much depends on how hard your solicitor fights, and how much sense you make.

Generally, if you're hit on the passenger side on a roundabout its not your fault! They may try split liability 50:50 but as long as your adamant and explain the road layout (google map print out with diagrams of what happened) thoroughly you shouldn't have to take any portion of the blame!

If you're neck or back ain't done in don't claim!

I had some retarded bint t-bone me while i was on a main road earlier this year , but i didnt claim coz I gave meself more whiplash snowboarding in the Austrian Alps a week later

In fact, i've been in 4 non-fault accidents, and only ever claimed for one. Sheeeit. I could been rich biatch!
    Last edited by KAS; 26th November 2013 at 13:20.

Punto Lover
    I got whiplash from the crash ;/

Asked for an ambulance on scene to check me over and said yes I've got whiplash and sent report to my doctors

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS View Post
    I disagree Jonsey! A study was done showing that on average the cost of whiplash claims might increase insurance premiums by £9 per annum.

Fraudulent claims, however, are another story, and also there's the matter of thousands of uninsured drivers, but insurers still make record profits year on year, which doesn't make sense?!

Over the past 3 years, the government has introduced 2 pieces of legislation which have in total reduced the amount of money solicitors can make on whiplash cases by approx 75% compared to pre-April 2010.

So insurers are saving approx 45% on every claim compared to 3 years ago.

Have you seen your premium reduce by 45% if you factor out any no claims bonus?!

I've got 10 years NCB and i aint noticed a damn thing.

Don't believe everything the newspapers say. Them and the insurers have very close and dubious links with the Tories.
    I could be wrong with the figures. Just something that really bugs me these days.

If someone is genuinely injured then by all means, claim for your pain and suffering and loses. My partner broke her pelvis in 3 places in April this year in a car accident and is still off work now. Has been a very tough 7 months with some massive lifestyle changes.

I also know someone who seems to get rear ended (at crawling speed) every year and claims for whiplash every time....

Sorry to go off topic Junglist and hope you recover from your injuries soon and that the insurers settle it quick.

Punto Lover
    thank you pal

i had ambulance out to me on scene ect so im not lying lol

i should be back on road saturday with that sporting woop woop

Good news junglist, and hope you feel better soon mate, make sure you get the other side to sort you out with physio if you feel you need it. And do the exercises regularly, they really help!

Jonsey, sorry to hear about your partner dude, sounds terrible, i really hope things turn out well for you both.

I see where you're coming from when you have that shocking experience like that to compare to. Obviously makes it all the more frustrating when you see people trying it on and getting away with it.

We see all kinds of claims come thru, a lot of them get turned away. And i'm sure some people out there drive in such a manner to cause a low speed rear ender just so they can claim for injury. I'm pretty sure my mum lost her NCB coz of one of them! (T-junction, driver in front went to pull away, then slammed on for no reason, no traffic or pedestrians in sight on the main road, and me ma drove straight the back of them. I still had a go at her for not paying proper attention when she told me )

The issue of low speed impacts is a complicated area tho. With some people, the slightest jolt can set something off, the majority of people are probably trying it on, but its really hard to medically prove either way. Even the level of vehicle damage may not be taken into account.

We just have to play by the rules of the justice system we have - and there's always gonna be winners and losers, genuine folk and lying tw@ts - that's just human nature - not everyone has their head screwed on right - and that applies to any area of life as well as law!

Anyway, gonna stop hijacking this thread now! But if either of you guys need any advice or whatever, just drop me a pm or email - its sometimes good to get a second opinion for peace of mind if things aren't going your way
    Last edited by KAS; 27th November 2013 at 12:11.

Punto Lover
    by any chance u work in the insurance business ?

Nope, law firm business

Punto know it all
    some whiplash injuries do not manifest themselves for several hours after an impact so take note even if a para tells you your fine "at the scene". that can change. i also hate people who falsely claim for this and other "5 passengers they now say they had in the car"......

Punto Lover
    im just a abit tender nd slightly stiff now :P

every1 saying im lucky i walked out of it :P

ill get pics soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12