Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: punto gt wanted asap

Punto Lover
    well this one has had no one under the age of 40 driving it,that defenately counts for something,80% of gt's either blow a turbo or gasket due to abuse and lack of setup knowledge,anyhoose white is pretty rare now,if you dont like it paint it

Mines still got the original turbo and is on 143k look after them and there just as good as any other car

Punto Sports Club Member
    But he will be abusing it so I would of thaught a turbo or 2 will be dieing

either way i not really fussed because ive looked after my last punto and ive not blew up and ive not had one problem with it. i kept ontop of every service and oil change and everything and to this day its still running on 157000 miles on the clock. body work mint the lot. i can get a decent turbo for a punto dirt cheap and punto parts these days are cheap as chips depending were you go.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    either way i not really fussed because ive looked after my last punto and ive not blew up and ive not had one problem with it. i kept ontop of every service and oil change and everything and to this day its still running on 157000 miles on the clock. body work mint the lot. i can get a decent turbo for a punto dirt cheap and punto parts these days are cheap as chips depending were you go.
    mines done 136000 snapped cam belt whilst driving and other Nigerly bits but still drives fine ,

ive not had a single problem with mine. might need a cam belt soon though lmao. but did you have the blue punto for sale and did you get is crushed or have u still got it

Punto Sports Club Member
    Well your choice mate, mine just needs a few little bits sorting to get it running, map and a little setting up and your there, only wish I could of done it myself but just need it gone now as I am rwally struggling to keep it running petrol etc

best of picking up a cheap project, some thing to work on abit and get to know it, like mine :-)

Punto know it all
    its not just the GT thats gets "ragged". why do people think oh its a GT its been to hell and back? Not necessarily. All cars take a pasting from time to time but to say theyve been ragged implies the engines sat at 6000rpm on a dyno since it left the factory and the clutch hasnt been used during gearchanges!

if your budget can go to £1500-1800 you will get a pretty decent looked after GT that should serve you well for at least a year or two without major outlay. it may have had a few rough owners in its past like most cars but as long as its all been sorted and looked after for a while prior to the sale there isnt any reason to be put off. i would avoid those cars you see on ebay where the number of owners tally is high teens and the current owner like those before him have owned for all of 5 minutes at a time. you tend to spot the same GTs "doing the rounds" as owners palm them off for whatever reason, maybe to try and make a fast buck or theyve discovered its got a major problem(s).

just run an HPI check on any potential buy- i got stiffed once for failing to do the checks.

what i will say is youve picked the best time of the year to buy as prices dont seem that strong at moment but you wait till the spring......maybe even wait till we have ice and snow on the ground in Jan/Feb and nobody has any cash fater xmas.
    Last edited by clarkster; 22nd December 2011 at 12:31.

Punto Sports Club Member
    More reason I haven't ragged mine is I've had work done to it so hasn't really been driven. I have a baby since I've had it back from the new turbo swap and I'm not a d**k to drive it hard without being properly setup but like I say I think mines very fairly priced for the spec engine wise and defiantly body wise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast